Is DR1 Website slower for a reason?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Has anyone noticed this forum has slower transfer speed than it had previously ? I was wondering if it was a new web host, due to flooding or different equipment, because I notice it being slower wherever I am and other websites don't seem to have slowed.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Has anyone noticed this forum has slower transfer speed than it had previously ? I was wondering if it was a new web host, due to flooding or different equipment, because I notice it being slower wherever I am and other websites don't seem to have slowed.
No.

Maybe your ISP is having issues.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
It's all those posts from ju10prd that is slowing down the server!!!!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

Nothing has changed our side. We don't host in the DR, so flooding is not an issue.

The only time we will slow down is if we are under a DoSS attack and CloudFlare re-directs traffic due to that. And no, we are not in the midst of a DoSS attack :) Or anyone else we are peering with in the USA has an infrastructure issue.

Traceroute dr1.com and you will soon see the bottle neck.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Nothing has changed our side. We don't host in the DR, so flooding is not an issue.

The only time we will slow down is if we are under a DoSS attack and CloudFlare re-directs traffic due to that. And no, we are not in the midst of a DoSS attack :) Or anyone else we are peering with in the USA has an infrastructure issue.

Traceroute dr1.com and you will soon see the bottle neck.
Slowest hop seems to be in Germany although I am currently in the US for holidays, not sure why it goes through there ?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Slowest hop seems to be in Germany although I am currently in the US for holidays, not sure why it goes through there ?
But it's under 5ms there, so not exactly slow.

I'm in Jarabacoa, speed is fine here including DR1.

Jan 9, 2004
Agree with the OP.

It has been excruciatingly slow for two or three days now.

Virtually impossible to click through to "reply with quote" to a post.

Thought it was my personal computer, but I am having the same issue on the ipad, whether at home or in the office.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
In santiago now, Was in the US a few weeks ago, speed the same in both places. Good in both..............Doc.............