Shoe repair north coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Anyone who knows a real professional shoe repair guy? I mean leather long soles for Church's and C&J shoes.
I had one when I lived in La Vega but that's too far away now. Thanks ..

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Back in 2010 DR1 Ken recommended a POP man:
" Shoe And Luggage Repair In Puerto Plata"
If you need shoe repair, suitcase repair, including zipper replacement, etc., a good place in Puerto Plata is Shoe Care, 809-586-2648. It is on Antera Mota, kitty corner from Centro Medico Bournigal. They did a very good job on a camera bag that I took there.
And speaking of Ken, how is he? still at El Neptuno?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Anyone who knows a real professional shoe repair guy? I mean leather long soles for Church's and C&J shoes.
I had one when I lived in La Vega but that's too far away now. Thanks ..

Yes I know just the guys A pair of Haitians just up hill from the puente seco, the dry bridge, I don't remember exactly where,but within a block of Gerson Compraventa. I had had a pair of soles glued and reglued twice before I brought them to these guys. They sewed the soles on for 200 pesos. That was a year ago and I have them on today still tightly sealed up.
Der Fish

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
This is valuable information. Thanks for posting. I have a pair of very nice sandals with a broken strap that I have had stuffed in a corner of my closet. I have come close several times to throwing them away because I despaired of getting them repaired. Coqui and duct tape are not what I have in mind.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Back in 2010 DR1 Ken recommended a POP man:
" Shoe And Luggage Repair In Puerto Plata"
If you need shoe repair, suitcase repair, including zipper replacement, etc., a good place in Puerto Plata is Shoe Care, 809-586-2648. It is on Antera Mota, kitty corner from Centro Medico Bournigal. They did a very good job on a camera bag that I took there.
And speaking of Ken, how is he? still at El Neptuno?

they are on a very small strip mall, if you can call it that, right at the Bournigal traffic light. professional outfit, which has been there for years.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yes I know just the guys A pair of Haitians just up hill from the puente seco, the dry bridge, I don't remember exactly where,but within a block of Gerson Compraventa. I had had a pair of soles glued and reglued twice before I brought them to these guys. They sewed the soles on for 200 pesos. That was a year ago and I have them on today still tightly sealed up.
Der Fish

Fish, i would not be giving my Church?s shoes to a pair of Haitian shoemakers. i give those guys a lot of work, but if i owned Church?s, i would not let them touch them. shade tree mechanics should not be entrusted with the care of a Ferrari.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Fish, i would not be giving my Church?s shoes to a pair of Haitian shoemakers. i give those guys a lot of work, but if i owned Church?s, i would not let them touch them. shade tree mechanics should not be entrusted with the care of a Ferrari.

I don't go to church so have no church shoes. Why not trust church shoes to Haitians?
It is their specialty yo repair shoe.
Der Fish

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
The shoe repair store kitty corner from bournigal mentioned in earlier post is great, go there, he put new soles on my zapatos, xlnt job and quality

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Well I guess I have to send them to Europe (UK factory) with family taking care of it. Thanks nevertheless for advice..

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Is this the Clown Thread? You don't know from Church's shoes?

My sandals in need of repair are Naughty Monkey. The princess heels in bronze are a DSW brand called Touch Ups.

I DO FREELY ADMIT I am a shoe whore. Back in the day, I was the Jewish Imelda Marcos. If you want particulars, don't shame me publicly.

REALLY? CHURCH'S YOU DON't KNOW? (I'm sorry that I'm gritando, but REALLY?)

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
The people as recommended before, at the traffic light nearby Bournigal are very good!!! I let repair them high heels very expensive one, beautiful high shaft leather boots, man shoes with leather sole sued on the bottom. Wow they came out like
new! Also they revive your shoes again LOL yep when you have an old pair, usually your favorable pair of shoes...you can't let them go.... ask them if they could give it the shine back...you will be amazed!!!! OK they are a bit expensive. I think the owner is Italian. And on top of it....the shoes are finished the date they tell you...The price well.... but you always can decide. they tell you the price in advance and 50 percent down payment. cheers

nsdr

Bronze
Feb 1, 2007
Not everyone knows that Church's are expensive shoes from England. And why should they. Many people don't.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I don't go to church so have no church shoes. Why not trust church shoes to Haitians?
It is their specialty yo repair shoe.
Der Fish

i know that they are good at repairing shoes, but there are shoes and then there are Churchs. Churchs shoes, that is.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The people as recommended before, at the traffic light nearby Bournigal are very good!!! I let repair them high heels very expensive one, beautiful high shaft leather boots, man shoes with leather sole sued on the bottom. Wow they came out like
new! Also they revive your shoes again LOL yep when you have an old pair, usually your favorable pair of shoes...you can't let them go.... ask them if they could give it the shine back...you will be amazed!!!! OK they are a bit expensive. I think the owner is Italian. And on top of it....the shoes are finished the date they tell you...The price well.... but you always can decide. they tell you the price in advance and 50 percent down payment. cheers

when you have Churchs and Bally, the repair price should not matter

Status
Not open for further replies.