Thread: Getting to Bayahibe .

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting to Bayahibe .

We would like to visit some friends, but dont want to pay for taxi. How can we get over to Bayahibe Village on a bus?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

From where>?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

El cortecito or fruisa area, or somewhere nearby.

Taxi is charging alot, about a $100us.

I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what the going rate is for a taxi from the "El cortecito or fruisa area", but from San Pedro de Macoris to Bayahibe is 2500 pesos (about $53 US). And that's a minivan that can hold 8-10 pasengers, with a cooler and food to feed said persons and more. Not a carro publico. I spend a lot of time in Bayahibe. Very nice, but don't buy sunglasses. If you need more information on the beach itself, send me a private message.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kapitan75 View Post
    We would like to visit some friends, but dont want to pay for taxi. How can we get over to Bayahibe Village on a bus?
    It's quite a drive, at least 45 minutes, maybe longer. I've only done it by car. 

I suspect you may have to take a bus to La Romana, then another bus to Bayahibe

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

6. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    It's quite a drive, at least 45 minutes, maybe longer. I've only done it by car. 

I suspect you may have to take a bus to La Romana, then another bus to Bayahibe
    100% correct. For ease of transport, comfort, and safety, it's worth the price.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

True AE
    Bus is next to Expresso Bavaro and is called Sirvas..... something, can't remember. But it goes to La Romana and then you can do the guagua to Bayahibe.
    I suspect there is a local bus direct to Bayahibe but you'd have to ask a local there that knows.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It's like gaining weight. Getting there is easy. Getting out is hard.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You can also grab a Sitrabapu to Higuey then one there to Bayahibe. Should cost around 10 bucks total per person. Stop is where RV mentioned. You'll probably need to wait at both stops so estimate it'll take out about 1h30m.

11. Likes Meemselle liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This is how I would do it. Express bus to La Romana (225PRD) on the Sitraihr line, (Leaves: 6:00, 8:20, 10:50, 13:20, 15:50, 18:20 from Friusa, but makes stops near Jumbo, the giant motorcycle near the intersection in Veron) then a little bus from La Romana to Bayahibe (60PRD) (Right near the bus stop close to the River bridge near Jumbo. Leaves like every half hour.) Has been mentioned but now you have the times and prices.