Playa Dorado - when will they learn?

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Gut wrenching heat at night couldn't sleep really? Only time a wear pants warm days cool nights..shoulda read fine print camping excursion free ;)

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
some people like to go on vacations and complain the entire time just so they can get a refund or discount of some sort. next year they will do it again.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
You can tell who wears the pants just from that pic.

Jump in the pool if you're hot.

michelle-murray.JPG

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My fellow Canadians have turned into a bunch of special snowflakes. I have yet to be to a resort that didnt have candles and how did they charge their pgones if they had no power. Certainly there was a problem but I think we have some serious exaggeration here.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Unsophisticated traveler's. Second day ; check out of hotel and go to another one with A/C and services. Of course from the looks of them they don't look like they have any disposable income or brains for that matter.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
One wonders why they didnt go to Florida or Hawaii instead. Its warm, safe clean and needless to stay there is electricity in 3-4 star hotels. I often wonder why Canadians travel so much instead of just coming to America

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i am perplexed. Playa Dorada gets electricity from the power station on the other side of the road, and they very , very infrequently experience an outage. Torre Alta gets service from that plant, along with Cerromar. they hardly ever have outages. these rubes fabricated this crap, unless the hotel owed the plant money, and they cut their service.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
i am perplexed. Playa Dorada gets electricity from the power station on the other side of the road, and they very , very infrequently experience an outage. Torre Alta gets service from that plant, along with Cerromar. they hardly ever have outages. these rubes fabricated this crap, unless the hotel owed the plant money, and they cut their service.

I tend to think it was just one resort within Playa Dorado (maybe not even the whole resort). There are some pretty bad resorts mixed in with the few good ones and I know some have converted to condos.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I tend to think it was just one resort within Playa Dorado (maybe not even the whole resort). There are some pretty bad resorts mixed in with the few good ones and I know some have converted to condos.

the question i have to ask is how they managed to provide food service without electricity. i mean, how could the food remain edible without refrigeration.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
One wonders why they didnt go to Florida or Hawaii instead. Its warm, safe clean and needless to stay there is electricity in 3-4 star hotels. I often wonder why Canadians travel so much instead of just coming to America

$$$ Florida is expensive , so is Hawaii

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I stayed at this place for a week last year; there were critters in the drop-ceiling the whole time. And when you do the non-AI option, you cannot buy *anything* on the property except at the closet-sized gift shop. Fortunately there's a mall a short walk away that has a few bars and restaurants. It's one of those resorts that sorely needs a makeover, but probably doesn't get enough guests to fund it.

markryan

Jul 16, 2014

Because if you live in Canada and go to the States doesn't really feel like you have traveled. Zero adventure.