Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haiti Passport stamp.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Haiti Passport stamp.

Has anyone actually been to Haiti and got their passport stamped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

The Clintons.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
    Has anyone actually been to Haiti and got their passport stamped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was talking to a guy in POP that says he takes Caribe Tours to Dajabon walks across the border gets a stamp and pays overstay and comes right back and takes Caribe Tours home

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by web View Post
    I was talking to a guy in POP that says he takes Caribe Tours to Dajabon walks across the border gets a stamp and pays overstay and comes right back and takes Caribe Tours home
    So he's not doing that to avoid paying the overstay? He goes there to pay it and be legal?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    So he's not doing that to avoid paying the overstay? He goes there to pay it and be legal?
    That was my understanding.....I would go and have overstay monies ready and you may get lucky and just get a stamp. I was here for 7 years without leaving had to borrow 20,000 pesos and was going to Canada. I was bummed to have to pay that. When I got to to the table the guy was ordering his lunch, dame pollo frito habichuela yada yada yada. He stamped my passport and didnt ask for any money or anything. I was so happy, but that was before the new system. At the Haitian border you may get lucky as I doubt it is like the airport.

6. Likes ctrob liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

go there before you have to pay for over stay and get stamped!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by web View Post
    But the OP is asking for first hand info. I talked to a guy who said he knew someone who brought in a car by putting it on the ferry from Puerto Rico also, but when I went to office of turismo and asked they assured me that no such thing happens.
    Der Fish

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    But the OP is asking for first hand info. I talked to a guy who said he knew someone who brought in a car by putting it on the ferry from Puerto Rico also, but when I went to office of turismo and asked they assured me that no such thing happens.
    Der Fish
     What exactly doesn't happen?

In SD Puerto Rican license plates are seen on quite a few cars, especially in the parking lots of quite a few universities. I'm sure those license plates didn't arrived tucked in someone's luggage. 

Moderator Polls Forum

10. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post

In SD Puerto Rican license plates are seen on quite a few cars, especially in the parking lots of quite a few universities. I'm sure those license plates didn't arrived tucked in someone's luggage. 
    The same could be said for my neighborhood in San Pedro. I'm a few blocks from UCE.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post

The department of tourism said I could not bring in a car off the ferry. I too have seen A Florida plate in my neighborhood in Puerto Plata at one point and saw a motorcycle with a California plate, but never did ask them how they did that.
    Der Fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast