Read the Daily News Articles on DR1 every day!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you want to know why it is so hard for "Real Change" to come to the Dominican Republic",go to DR1 home page!Read the articles (In English)taken from the daily newspapers here,and you will be informed.What would be called "Corruption" in any (Can I say "Industrialized",or First World)country is commonplace here.Yesterday the Senate( President Hipolito),fired 4 of 5 members of a group(Chamber of Accounts) responsible to monitor his spending(All got nice pensions)then he increased the group to 9 members,and appointed his selections to fill the 8 vacancies."What-A-Country"! Go read all the articles and you will know what we are up against here.Read them everyday and you will be an informed supporter for change in the Dominican Republic! Criss Colon

Last edited:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
What A Country!

What A Country! What El Presidente did reminds me of Nixon era. Nixon wanted to fire Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox because Cox was turning up the heat on Watergate and other related investigations. Nixon turned to Attorney General Elliot L. Richardson and Deputy Attorney General William D. Ruckelshaus to do his dirty work for him, both refused. Both resigned in protest, although the White House said that Ruckelshaus was fired. Who's left to do the task, (I can do it Mr. President) Solicitor General Robert H. Bork. Cox was fired by Bork. What A Country! We all know what happened to Nixon.

Will change come to the D.R.? It's going to be a while. Need to have some Elliot Richardson and William Ruckelshaus types in the Dominican government to bring good character and courage to the political process here. Meanwhile, El Presidente will have his way. Nobody is going to be checking his pockets when he lining somebody else's as a favor to them to turn a blind eye. What A Country! Regards, PJT