Travelling Alone

Maria470

Mar 9, 2002
I am very pleased to have found this forum! I am thinking about going to the Samana Peninsula (Las Galeras) and specifically Club Bonito to stay. I have never been to the DR and am concerned that this area is safe to travel alone. I would rather not go to an all-inclusive, too sterile for my taste. On the other hand, I don't want to be in a situation which is dangerous or uncomfortable, I have read that there is quite a bit of anti-American hostility, but this could have been exaggerated or completely untrue. I have read a couple of reviews of this hotel and they seem to be positive, but they were all before 2001 so a little out of date. Is this a nice area?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Come-On-Down!

"Anti-American"? Dominicans have about 1,000,000 family members living in the US!If the remaining 7 plus million dominicans could get a visa for the US we could leave the island to the Haitians! You will be welcomed here beyond your dreams! Enjoy! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Please go to www.samana.net and see the area. It is beautiful beyond imagination.

Safer than where you live now in all probability, and the nicest of folk....

You will enjoy your stay and return many times...

HB

See if you can't talk to AndyB on samana.net. He is a wealth of information an everything Saman?...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi Maria,
I was in Sosua and area for a month a couple of years ago. The people are great. Take the usual precautions as you would anywhere.

glsmerlot

Mar 13, 2002
Did you ever take a trip by yourself? I am scheduled to leave in 2 days and my friend decided she was too scared to go.
I am trying to get someone else to go but might end up going solo.