Jon Jones vs Cormier mma fight.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
looking forward to Jones vs Cormier MMA battle for years. Is there a bar or sports bar in Sosua with large screen tv and where I can hear the commentary. I have done some searching but the bars open and close so often it is hard to know if they are still in business tonight. I do not want to drive to Cabarete and return on a Sat. night so its Sosua only. Thanks for any help.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Uh,oh. Six pm and no responses. Am I going to have to wander around and look see. Ok, I give up on hearing the commentary. Just the big screen will do. But no music.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Looking at Dish Network TV guide, it looks like FXX (ch-125) will be showing all the prelims up until 10pm (Rocky's Aqua has Dish Network Satellites, so we have all of the Prelims). And then at 10pm, a Dominican Cable Channel usually steals the PPV signal and shows the Main Card on a Cable channel (Ch-Space on Cable)--which we have also. So, I'm hoping that when the prelims stop at 10pm, we can switch over the Dominican Cable Channel that pirates all the big PPV fights. However, if, under some weird situation, the Dominican Cable doesn't pirate the fight, and there are lots of people who have shown up to watch the fight, then i can order to PPV fight on Dish Network. But again, that's only if A.) we cannot find the Main Card at 10pm, and B.) plenty of people are here.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
There's also a big Boxing match tonight on Showtime: Adrien Broner (33-2) vs Mikey Garcia (36-0-(30-knockouts!). Should be an excellent match!

This is the fight I'll be watching!

Frank

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Looking at Dish Network TV guide, it looks like FXX (ch-125) will be showing all the prelims up until 10pm (Rocky's Aqua has Dish Network Satellites, so we have all of the Prelims). And then at 10pm, a Dominican Cable Channel usually steals the PPV signal and shows the Main Card on a Cable channel (Ch-Space on Cable)--which we have also. So, I'm hoping that when the prelims stop at 10pm, we can switch over the Dominican Cable Channel that pirates all the big PPV fights. However, if, under some weird situation, the Dominican Cable doesn't pirate the fight, and there are lots of people who have shown up to watch the fight, then i can order to PPV fight on Dish Network. But again, that's only if A.) we cannot find the Main Card at 10pm, and B.) plenty of people are here.

Thanks Frank. Appreciate it. Let me see what my wife likes. Been waiting a long time for this match.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
The prelim fights are on now. I've never seen UFC fights on FXX channel before. I wonder how many people have this channel here on this island? We get it through Satellite.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
It looks like they are showing the UFC prelims on Fox Sports 2 Latin America. So, if you have that channel, you should be able to see the Prelim fights in Spanish.

Frank