Ryan Intl or SouthEast?

JRFMRF

Mar 1, 2002
I'm planning to go to Punta Cana the last week of August from NY. We are planning to stay at the Sunscape. I heard the charter planes they use here in NY are Ryan Int'l or SouthEast. Any experiences with these charters?

jhermes

Mar 22, 2002
Ryan

We flew Ryan out of Minneapolis a week ago to Punta Cana. The flight was delayed...we spent 14 hours in the airport waiting to leave. But we had a storm a few days earlier and so I think things were backed up quite a bit. In any case, we forgot all about it once we arrived. The planes are small--like most charters. The flight attendants were crabby on our flight but again, who cares. I was happy with the fact that it got us there safely! Oh, they gave us ONE free alcoholic beverage for being 14 hours late. Hmm....hardly seems like even coming close to compensation!

eileenhot1

Mar 6, 2002
ryan

We just got back wednesday night from punta cana. Flew out of jfk with Ryan. First time I ever heard of it>>> It is an air lingus plane that is rented from ryan. It was small and tight, but no problems. They had 2 men steawards that were pretty crabby and bosy. One was fat and feminine with an attitide and the other one looked like a semi pro football player that got too old to run any more>> lol. Beers were $3.00 and the lunch consisted of a small sandwich, bag of chips and cookies in a white paper bag. But on the bright side, that is a small inconvenience when you think about where you are going and how much fun you will have!!

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
AA

American Airlines is starting service on June 15. They will fly JFK-PUJ on monday, wednesday, friday and saturdays using a Boeing 737-800. If you need any info, let me know,

GRS

NYC Girl

Mar 20, 2002
I am flying Ryan International out of JFK in mid-April....you all have me scared now. I am only going to Punta Cana for 4 days....I'll be upset if my flight is delayed 14 hours.

I didn't even ask this question but thanks for the info!

jhermes

Mar 22, 2002
delayed

Hopefully by mid-April there won't be the threat of snowstorms...which is supposedly what delayed us! Don't worry...it'll probably go really smoothly, everything will be on time, and you will have a fabulous time in the DR. You may want to re-think the FOUR days though! We were there for 7 and it wasn't nearly enough! :)

NYC Girl

Mar 20, 2002
Thanks for the reply jhermes...
Would love to do more than 4 days in Punta Cana, but unfortunately couldn't get enough time off work : (
I hear it's gogeous though so maybe I will get back there later in the year....this is my first time to the Dom. Rep.

Now...I posted a question about the resort I'm staying at and no one responded...I was wondering if you saw this resort while you were in Punta Cana or heard anything about it....it's the Punta Cana Resort and Club. Any info would be appreciated!

jhermes

Mar 22, 2002
Punta Cana Beach Resort

Hi! Have you checked out www.debbiesdominicantravel.com? That's the website where I got ALL my info. on the resort we stayed at. I know I've read some posts pertaining to that resort there. Do a search on your hotel name after you click on the bulletin board link and you may find some info. Good luck! Have a great time. I'm jealous!

jhermes

Mar 22, 2002
Punta Cana Beach Resort

Hi again! I just checked the website I mentioned above and there are some really recent (March, 2002) reviews from people who stayed at the Punta Cana Beach Resort. Is that the Hotel you are staying at? You might want to check them out. If you click on "Resort Review Index" and then scroll down to your resort and click on that, you'll see the reviews. Have fun!

NYC Girl

Mar 20, 2002
THANK YOU JHERMES!!!
I just checked out the website you mentioned and read ALL the reviews on the resort I'm going to....they were very helpful! Now I'm really looking forward to my trip after reading those great reviews.

Thanks again.