just wondering????

redhot

Feb 22, 2002
Hello everyone, I am just curious about how easy or hard it would be for a dominican who has had a us visa in the past, but was deported back to the dominican for illegal crimes in the usa to be able to return to the us? I have read that it is easy to get false identification in the dominican. Would it be possible to get a new visa with a new name? I would think it would be difficult. But I have no idea. What do you think?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You are planning to add fraud to his other convictions? Doesn't the U.S. Have enough problems?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Just Curious

Money and friends make it easy to get false identification. Despite all the hype about new security measures in the U.S. a streetwise criminal with U.S. experience can cross borders with ease. Unfortunately, the U.S. gov't is more concerned about what you are carrying across the borders rather than who you are.

Hope you will eventuallly get your justice. Regards, PJT

redhot

Feb 22, 2002
anna

Hey Anna, in reply to your comment the US has plenty of problems! I am just trying to prevent any other women from being attacked!!! I am not trying like so many women (girls) on this board that are trying to get a dominican man back to the states to live with, marry or live with. I have a fine beautiful man who is tall, dark and very handsome!!!! I am trying to find someone who hurt me mentally and physically! I am seeking justice and protection for ALL women (american, dominican, canadian, german, chinese, french, swiss, etc) This man has had in the past a US visa and said in court that he was coming after my family and I. I do not think he will but I want him in JAIL!!!! I will feel much better and sleep at night knowing that he is locked up and cannot enter the USA.

redhot

Feb 22, 2002
PJT

Thank you very much for giving me the information that I requested. Many thanks. Redhot

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That lousy S.O.B.!!

I think that I would inform the US Consulate in Santo Domingo of all of his particulars. they can do certain things to assure that under no other name can he do anything to get a visa. Andthey have his foto on file...
And you can advise the INS (for what it's worth,lol-Especially after today's news).

I do hpe that you and your husband persue your course of action here in the DR and that the SOB ends up behind bars.

In Trujillo's time he would have been executed...Not kidding.. this is just one of the reasons people like Candelier!

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Are you presently in the US or the DR? Hillbilly has given you very good advice, especially if you are where you can easily make contact with the American Consulate in SD. If you are posting from the US and not able to talk directly with the people at the Consulate, you will need to find an alternative. Depending on where you live and what government officials you have access to, you may find your best bet is to contact your Congressman and enlist his help.

The main job of a Congressman is not to make laws but to help constituents solve their problems. How well they do that often determines whether or not they are reelected. Your Congressman has a staff in his office who do nothing but work on constituent problems. Fact that 2002 is an election year for allCongressmen should help insure you get the best possible assistance.

I don't mean that your Congressman can keep this man from getting a visa, but that he is in a position to get this problem in the hands of the officials in the US who are.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sorry rehot. I got the wrong idea. I thought you were trying to help this person get fake ID. That is why I said what I said.

redhot

Feb 22, 2002
Hillbilly

Hi hillbilly, How are you doing? I am doing better. One day at a time. I will be returning to the DR pretty soon. Not sure when just yet. The thought makes me sick. I try not to think about it. It makes the memories, fears and nightmares more vivid. But on the positive side I will feel better just knowing that I did my best and did not give up. My husband has been so wonderful making all the calls and taking care of the details. I think we found someone to help us with the criminal case. Hey hillbilly are you from the DR? Thanks for all your help and information.

redhot

Feb 22, 2002
Ken, I am in the U.S You and hillbilly have great advice and I will use it. I will be on the telephone first thing Monday. I wll let you know how it go's. Thanks

redhot

Feb 22, 2002
Forensic Labs

Sorry I have another question that I forgot about asking before. Does anyone know the name and address or telephone number of a forensic lab in the DR? Are forensics (DNA) used in the court in the DR? I am just trying to help my case and be prepared for whatever may come up. Just a extra measure.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
More Resources

Well lady, I can't help you with the forensic bit. I'm more in line with Hillbillys' thought. More or less to help tighten up the borders for you. Attached to this posting is the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary website. This Senate Committee has some oversite of the INS. The two senators of interest to you would be Sen. Leahy of Vermont, Chairman of the Committee on the Judiciary and Sen. Kennedy of Mass., Chairman of the Immigration Subcommittee. The website contains information of committees and members along with some information to help promote correspondence with them. A few well written notes to them may help light a fire under the U.S. Consulate in S.D. and U.S. Immigration officials in the quest to find your attacker. Regards, PJT

http://judiciary.senate.gov/index.cfm