Cap Cana, Hazoury, Trump, fraud and deception

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
All you need to know about Trump name is to follow what is happening in Panama City, Panama with a high rise tower there. It will open a window as how he makes his money and what may happen here in the RD. Anything to do with Trump ventures ends up in lawsuits and chaos.

Just Google Panama City and Trump.

Regards,

PJT

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Please keep all posts DR related.

Take everything else to the Trump thread in Off Topic Forum. 

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Please keep all posts DR related.

Take everything else to the Trump thread in Off Topic Forum. 

It is DR related and that is the tie-in to bring up the Trump name. Kindly suggest you transfer this thread to the Off Topic Forum if you feel it is not.

Regards,

PJT

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is my understanding that Trump sells his "name" on a branding and commission basis to such projects, but is not actually involved in building them. Then those actually working the project sink or swim on their own. Am I wrong on that?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
It is my understanding that Trump sells his "name" on a branding and commission basis to such projects, but is not actually involved in building them. Then those actually working the project sink or swim on their own. Am I wrong on that?

You are correct, and it has been explained in great lengths ad nauseam.

Feb 7, 2007
Well, according to the article, it was not only a franchise name agreement, but active sales and promotion activities.

"They sold more than 60 lots in the same day. In four hours, they made more than $300 million, with Donald Trump running the show. They fooled us as well," Pérez said. "But they put on a spectacular show."

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

I guess if Trump does not care if they use his name to bust people out why should we?

Jan 9, 2004
Well, according to the article, it was not only a franchise name agreement, but active sales and promotion activities.

"They sold more than 60 lots in the same day. In four hours, they made more than $300 million, with Donald Trump running the show. They fooled us as well," Pérez said. "But they put on a spectacular show."

He was paid up front for the use of his name and was to receive a royalty on sales for his promotional activity. It was a business deal. Note that he had to file suit to receive his commission on sales.

Anyone spending $100,000.00 just to attend the posh ceremony to choose their lot, has the money to do further due diligence concerning the actual principals of the project.

Celebrities are paid all the time to use their name or likeness to attend grand openings, do meet and greets, endorse products, etc.

Trump was smart enough to get cash up front and took a gamble on the rest.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
He was paid up front for the use of his name and was to receive a royalty on sales for his promotional activity. It was a business deal. Note that he had to file suit to receive his commission on sales.

Anyone spending $100,000.00 just to attend the posh ceremony to choose their lot, has the money to do further due diligence concerning the actual principals of the project.

Celebrities are paid all the time to use their name or likeness to attend grand openings, do meet and greets, endorse products, etc.

Trump was smart enough to get cash up front and took a gamble on the rest.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
It is worth noting that Univision has a huge are to grind with Trump.

The Cap Cana Trump issue has been beaten to death on DR1.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Yes, with their front man Jorge Ramos

Yes, but some still like to resurrect it to see if the bait still works.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

I take it to be like a politician who introduces a position or matter of legislation. When it is rejected, they then change some subtle language, and reintroduce the very same proposal. The old wash and rinse at it's best.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

And I noticed that he got a commission on the sales. Not that he owned the properties that were sold.

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
Interesting read of this Univision article about a project in the DR, where everyone lost his money, but Trump came out on top with a windfall.

EN:
https://www.univision.com/univision...iled-project-where-everyone-lost-except-trump

ES:
https://www.univision.com/noticias/...oyecto-en-donde-todos-perdieron-excepto-trump

I do not get it. Could you please explain what wrong Trump did in Cap cana. On the contrary, he should be congratulated for not becoming a sucker as many did.

Feb 7, 2007
I do not get it. Could you please explain what wrong Trump did in Cap cana. On the contrary, he should be congratulated for not becoming a sucker as many did.

Sorry but I don't have time to give reading with comprehension lessons. Feel free to read English or Spanish version, depending on which language you understand better. Cheers.

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
Sorry but I don't have time to give reading with comprehension lessons. Feel free to read English or Spanish version, depending on which language you understand better. Cheers.

Do you have a french version? Sorry but english is my fourth language.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

He didn't do anything wrong.

The 100k is a reservation and goes towards the actual purchase price of the property, a very common practice. Create scarcity with a large price tag on it and watch the pigs come to the troff :)

They booked $300 million in sales on paper, they didn't actually make $300 million in 4 hrs. The two are very different!

Lets close this as it's not going anywhere. Its just more anti Trump clickbait from Univision

Status
Not open for further replies.