Getting Married (oh no) in the DR.

S

Sue

Hi all Yes I think I may be taking the plunge. Is it too late to back out ;-). Any tips, advice, info (good or bad) would be appreciated.

Sue P.S. If you read this Lynda mum's the word when you see V. We are keeping it on the QT until the dirty deed is done. Helllllppppppppp.

C

Cindy

Sue:

Not sure where you are from however Debbie's website is an excellent source for wedding info. Use the link below:

Congratulations!!!!

N

Natasha Lopez

Sue,

My advice is a simple one; take a deep breath and relax. If you are not getting married at a resort, then get all the help you can. People are always happy you asked them to help you during this joyous occassion. My wedding was very traditional; Catholic ceremony, reception, the whole nine yards (hubby is American; I am Dominican, btw), and I was planning the whole thing from Pittsburgh. For three consecutive months, my phone bills avaraged $400, and I made one trip to the DR prior to the wedding. Oh, and did I say that I was making corrections to my dissertation?

All in all it was GREAT. Everything went smooth, except that on my way to the church with my dad I realized I had no bouquet! Had to turn back home to get it...The best thing was getting to the reception! The ceremony and reception were held in the Colonial Zone; after the ceremony we just walked to the reception as the guests followed us behind. Everyone cheered on and clapped, including strangers on the streets, it was wonderful!

Have fun,

Natasha

C

Charlie

Wow!!!!!!! Are you talking this April or can you wait until summer so I can be there? E-mail me girl!!!!! Boy, is this going to be hard not to mention to Rafael!!!!! You're secret is safe with me though. I assume Victor knows about this too.

V

Vickie

Hi Sue

We are getting married in March in the D.R. We had to get a single staus avidavit drawn up and translated into Spanish. Then we had to send them plus a translated copy of our divorce certificates to the Dominican Consulate in Montreal.There they will legalize them for $50.00 each U.S. Funds. Other than that, that was the only major expense. The hotel is arranging for the wedding so all we need to do is show up! We are staying at the Hacienda Resorts. We leave next week. Can't wait!!!!

Good Luck, Vickie

B

bonita

Hello my dear Sue! Want to congratulate you on this way!! I?m so happy for you!! Whish you the best

tu amiga Tanja