Ramfis anyone?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Now that I am allowed to vote, I am starting to follow the politics a little more closely. Many of the younger crowd here in Jarabacoa are pro Ramfis.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Now that I am allowed to vote, I am starting to follow the politics a little more closely. Many of the younger crowd here in Jarabacoa are pro Ramfis.

Im tired to listen politics talk about to solve same problems since 80's, and they are still repeatting and repeatting every 4 years. Last week I was reading that also Leonel Fernandez wants to comeback to solve the same problems that he couldnt solve in 8 years. We are really dumbs.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
Im thinking to vote for him very seriously

What policies does he propose that would make you vote for him? Not being sly about it, but it's all about the DR elite controlling the power in the country. Even Balaguer, who actually tried to do good for the country was unable to quench the rampant corruption. It is a case of choosing the lesser of all the evil that are running. They may have good intention, but it's the culture to ask for bribes to allow anything to get done. His staff will still rob the treasury and extort businesses. Additionally, why would this guy be allowed to run when he is a direct descendant of one of the most notorious dictator in the hemisphere. Their wealth is immense and could easily lead to another dictatorship. just my two cents.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
Im tired to listen politics talk about to solve same problems since 80's, and they are still repeatting and repeatting every 4 years. Last week I was reading that also Leonel Fernandez wants to comeback to solve the same problems that he couldnt solve in 8 years. We are really dumbs.

The actual reason is that him and his cronies left a little bit of money in the country coffers. That is the job they want to finish. My brother is involved in DR politics and it's all about the money that you can siphon off when you get your government position.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
What policies does he propose that would make you vote for him? Not being sly about it, but it's all about the DR elite controlling the power in the country. Even Balaguer, who actually tried to do good for the country was unable to quench the rampant corruption. It is a case of choosing the lesser of all the evil that are running. They may have good intention, but it's the culture to ask for bribes to allow anything to get done. His staff will still rob the treasury and extort businesses. Additionally, why would this guy be allowed to run when he is a direct descendant of one of the most notorious dictator in the hemisphere. Their wealth is immense and could easily lead to another dictatorship. just my two cents.

I know he is not going to win, but in one way or another he is not better or worse than the politics that we have. I dont want to vote for any of those, so my vote is for one that Im sure wont win and Im sure he wont sell my vote as too many small parties that you think are voting for them but you are not, they make agreement with big ones and make money with that.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
When you are in a state of "nothing works" or "no one cares" or "I can't take it anymore" or " I want to work but can't find a job", you look for a lifeline, anything different from the status quo. It seems as if the citizens have had enough. Stickup artists function with impunity in all the neighborhoods as if this is their daily 9-5. Most people in lots of communities don't dare go out after dark. All they want is a functioning government that will carry out the law and give the populace a sense of safety and caring. I don't see any of that changing no matter who comes into office. Ramfis? Who knows? Good luck.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Many issues:

First, 'M' before 'P' and 'B'. So, we have to make a conscious effort to pronounce 'Ramfis'. It's not normal. Antes de 'P' y 'B' se escribe 'M'.

Second, while one can choose to be called any which way one wants, isn't Dominguez his first last name? But he prefers Trujillo...

Third, you folks say, "Well, we can't blame him for the past..." Yet you're drawn to him based on his chosen last name.

Fourth... Well, this is just weird. We could write a book on this.