Help!

pbirm

Apr 22, 2002
I'm planning on visiting DR within the next month but I have no idea where to stay. I am a single young man traveling by himself and I want to stay some place close to the beach, close to the night life and close to the women. Where would you recommend?

Sarah

Jan 1, 2002
communities.msn.com
Huh?

That's like saying: I'm planning on visiting the USA within the next month but I have no idea where to stay. I am a single young man/woman traveling by him/herself and I want to stay some place close to the beach, close to the night life and close to the women/men. Where would you recommend?

Could you be a bit more specific? The DR, just like the USA, is an entire country. How many thousand different answers might we provide you with, given NO details?!?!

Sarah

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
pbirm said:
I'm planning on visiting DR within the next month but I have no idea where to stay. I am a single young man traveling by himself and I want to stay some place close to the beach, close to the night life and close to the women. Where would you recommend?

At the risk of suffering the ire of some people it sounds like you have one main choice which would be Boca Chica ( see: www.bocachicabeach.net for all you could possibly need to know about it).

It is a beach town, with cheap enough hotels and a vigorous nightlife, admittedly with quite a few ladies of the evening etc., vs. girls you'd take home to Mom.

Or you could go to the north shore and stay in Sosua or Puerto Plata.

This assumes you are not interested in the all-inclusive hotels, rightfully so.

soul man

Jan 31, 2002
Young Man,

my vote hands down is - Boca Chica!!!
It's great fun - both risque and serene. It's what you make of it. ANd, very close to the fun capital of Santo Domingo.

When I go to the RD, being both an avid beach bum, AND an avid party man, I go to Punta Cana for the caribbean's best beach, and to Boca Chica/Santo Domingo for great fun & culture.

For Boca Chica, Check out the Costalunga Residence Club, 2 blocks from the beach, relatively modern and new. I understand that this is one of the most comfortable non-all-inclusive accommodations in the area right now.
www.costalunga.net

Enjoy yourself bro!

Sandra

Mar 15, 2002
I say Cabarette, its a small town and most hotels are on the beach. However, if you want something cheaper, than try Sousa or Puerto Plata area.

This is the northcoast region of the DR. If you need help, contact me at Funlocations@yahoo.com.

In any case, whereever you many go, have a great time.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Basically, it's a toss up

Boca Chica on the sourth shore and the Sosua Cabarete area for the North Shore. The beaches on the North are nicer.

Parties are great all over. Personally, I think that service is nicer and friendlier on the North Shore, but there are lots of people that will dispute that...

See what area offers you a nicer package...and if you are the least bit adventurous, don't go the all-inclusive route..

HB