citizenship[

Carolina066

Jun 1, 2002
That question may be beyond the scope of my expertise. The answer is: that depends. You state that you have been in the USA a long time, but you did not state what your STATUS is. Are you a resident alien with a resident alien card (also called a "green card") or are you a naturalized citizen of the USA?
I would need the answer to that question to better reply to yours.
I am a US citizen by birth, but I am a resident of the Dominican Republic. It seems to have the following advantage: that I can live and work in either country and I do not have to buy a tourist card to enter the Dom. Rep. I would NEVER suggest to someone that they should give up their US citizenship, there are just too many advantages, such as social security. The only advantage I see to Dominican citizenship is the right to vote in elections there, and given what I see on the political scene, I do not know if that is an advantage or not. Please reploy letting me know if you aree a resident or citizen of the USA. Carolina

Carolina066

Jun 1, 2002
Ambiorix: I goofed in sending my reply to you. Please check out my response under "new threads." Carolina

andujar5

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 4, 2002
it's a great idea

I think it's a great idea to be a dual citizen. I am American but parents Dominican, and I am in the process of getting citizenship in DR.

andujar5

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 4, 2002
yeah right

Yeah you will be able to get the ten bucks back! Go to the PRD headquaters, and tell them the situation, then tell them you want to donate it to the most corrupt organization a 3 world contry has ever seen the PRD!!! And even better they will prob let you through the side door the next time you fly in.