I feel like a fake

CHERYL.W

Mar 14, 2002
For some reason, when I post on dr1 I come across as someone that I am not.

Recently I hace been described as sad, desperate blah blah blah (too many bad things) and I am actually none of these things.

I am told by all the people that know me that I am wise beyond my years but yet the men that post on here (and mommc in earlier posts) seem to think that I am immature.

I would like to clear up a few matters I am not desperate, immature, stupid or any of the bad things that I have been described as on dr1.

I have a very good relationship with my BOYFRIEND. I do pay for most of the phone calls but only because if I have a bad time at home I want to talk to someone that I know will support me and because I can afford it more than he can. He does not pay for half of my flights because he is supporting his whole family at the moment because none of them are working.

I don't see why I should justify him to strangers that know nothing about him but feel the need to. He is very hard working, he works 7.30 in the morning to 2.30 in the afternoon at a shop in Sosua and then 3.00 in the afternoon to midnight at a hotel and does all of this to try and provide some kind of life for his family.

I too am hard working and want something good for myself, I want someone who will love me for who I am and not what I do or who I am and he does that for me.

In answer to all of you who have treid to judge me or him, I don't care and won't be asking anyone for their opinion on my life or my personal life any more.

Anyone who I have said bad things to or offended I am sorry, because that is also not me, except when insulted

I wish you all a good weekend

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Some of the people around here can be pretty hard, most for good reason.
They have been there done that etc.

Just take from the messages what you need and discard the rest.

Try not to take things personally, most of the posters are very different to the virtual image of them you have
created in your head. This I know from personal experience :)

By the way, you are fortunate enough to have me on British soil right now, so if you want
to get DR sick, email me and I'll call you and tell you what a wonderful place the DR is and how
the UK is going to the dogs and get out while you can :)

Rob.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The problem, CHERYLW. is that you post too much. By that I mean you continue posting on the same subject far longer than you should. This just encourages some of the posters to try to outdo themselves and each other in heaping abuse on you, knowing that it will cause you to play their game.

You should know by know that you shouldn't come to this board with posts about your love life or in the hopes that someone will tell you that you have found Mr. Wonderful in the Dominican Republic. It isn't going to happen, and your love life is none of our business.

Enjoy yourself, keep evaluating your situation, and don't try to keep a relationship going if you sense that it is costing you self respect. Otherwise, enjoy and good luck.

I hope you will continue to post, contributing your knowledge of the Dominican Republic for the benefit of others. But if you are smart, the post that started this thread will be your last on the subject love, sex, romance, etc., etc. in the Dominican Republic.

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Your PM button

Cherwly

Enable your PM button so that we may communicate and not upset the prissy old men who become upset when we use "their" board space to answer a question this forum was designed for

It's ironic, they use ten times the space to post their "old and wise answers" and I am noy referring to content, telling us 'use PN, use emai, whine a little more"

Janice

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
At tope of this page you will see a "user cp" button. Click it. On the page the opens up, look for "Edit Options" and click it. On next page scroll down to Messaging section and click on "yes" for PM. You can do same for Email if you want to receive emails.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If you want to send a PM to Janice, or anyone else, go to one of their posts and click on the "PM" button just below their posted message. Click on it. The form will appear on which you write the message. Once the form appears, it is just like writing and sending an email.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Cheryl, your pic has been uploaded, so it should be available shortly. Great pic! I guess I should've mentioned on the pic that you are the one on the right...sorry!