Dominicans and Puerto Ricans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quisqueya Girl

Oct 21, 2002
I am familiar with the well-known antagonism between Dominicans and Haitians. But what about the Dominicans and the Puerto Ricans? I have heard reference many times up here in Boston about the bad blood between Dominicans and Puerto Ricans. Even saw an article in the paper about it. Usually it's in reference to Dominicans don't want their own dating Puerto Ricans and likewise for the Puerto Ricans.

What the story behind this? Anything to it?

-QG

Quisqueya Girl

Oct 21, 2002
Sorry about the repeat in theme. I'm either going to have to give up posting soon or spend the next two months going over every post for the last two years.

Oy vey!

Anyways, sorry again! Maybe we should close the thread before it spirals downward.

QG

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No need to apologize nor stop posting. Just don't be offended if one of the regulars points to you toward the archives if a topic has been covered extensively before. Actually, this is a favor to you because a topic gets less participants the second or third time around.

Quisqueya Girl

Oct 21, 2002
Ken,

I wasn't offended at all. Actually it was very helpful to read the posts from that link. I'm grateful that you took the time to do that for me. I'm just a bit frustrated because everything I ask seems already to be covered. I'm a woman in need of an original thread :)

-QG

Status
Not open for further replies.