Shipping

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Anyone have any experience dealing with Tropical Shipping in Puerto Plata? We are establishing a new distribution type business and are thinking of using them as shippers and forwarding agents, both in and out.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
All I know is that they are the major players in the North. As far as I have heard, they are the ones that ship out of POP. The people that I have met are pretty good. YOu could get recommendations from some of their clients, I'll bet.

HB

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
A couple of years ago Tropical moved all their opperations from Boca Chica and shipped themselves (no pun) north. They are a big player there, with lots of free-zone based customers. They are pretty good at what they do.

Ask for Ricardo, he works in the Santiago office and is a good, helpful kid.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Shipping POP

Hi Chris,

Atually you have a few choices. We work with a couple groups, since we are a decent size exporter of materials out of POP. If you email me at dms3611@aol.com I will be happy to give you a heads up on a couple #'s that should be able to help you make some choices.

Best, Dave

DominicLeon

Apr 19, 2003
Shipping to the US

Hello Everyone! I'm new to posting here and want to say thanks for all the great info.

I'm wondering if anyone can reccomend a good shipping agent from the north coast (POP).

I'm there approx. every three months and will be shipping out handicrafts to the midwest. These would be small packages of approx. 100LB.

I would rather not pay for UPS/Fedex... Is Ems an option, Or a good door to door service?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Seaboard Shipping handles LCL (less than container load). I've not had personal experience with them but they were recommended to me. You could check out EPS for smaller parcels. I don't know the rates for shipping from here to the US. You could do a search, I do remember a thread somewhere in the last few months where someone had good shipping costs from here to the US.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Depends onthe size of your boxes

DHL will ship 25 kg for about US$80 door to door if you can use one of their Jumbo Boxes. So 2 boxes would be US$160? or a little less.

Stuff that small would cost you an arm and a leg by EPS or EMs..

Go sure, go with a well known carrier.

HB