Motor Vehicle Rental

S-Lancaster

Dec 18, 2002
www.glen-net.ca
Thank you very much Ken, Jan,TonyC and Robert.
I think I have decided to use public transport where somebody else does the driving. Your advice is well received.
By the way Ken, it's not because I'm a poor driver, I used to race Formula and Modified Sports (Lotus) but it's TRAFFIC that I was concerned about.
Thank you once again.
S.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
S-Lancaster said:
By the way Ken, it's not because I'm a poor driver, I used to race Formula and Modified Sports (Lotus) but it's TRAFFIC that I was concerned about.

With your experience, you should be equal to the challenge. If you change your mind and rent a car, drive like you were in a very tight race and you will have no trouble.

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
S-Lancaster, I would assume that you could surely handle the driving challenges in the DR with your background. A long term rental would be costly, though.

In your previous post you inquired about the mopeds, etc. The reason that other posters tried to dissuade you from going the moped route is personal safety. Those moped riders sort of remind me of the "running with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain".

Mopeds being the pedestrians of course; other traffic being the bulls. :) :)

We rented a car in the DR last April and thorougly enjoyed the experience. We logged 1,200 Km (800 miles) during the week without incident.

Swede

S-Lancaster

Dec 18, 2002
www.glen-net.ca
Thank you again chaps (Swede and Ken) Most helpful! I'm sticking to my main idea of playing safe. I do believe in bowing to experience and your generous advice based on personal experience is invaluable.
Stanley.