Iberostar Dominicana infor needed

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I only know that the Ibero Star in Puerto Plata is outstanding, and gets lots of repeat business

HB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The Iberostar in Puerto Plata is called Costa Dorada - is that the one you are referring to or somewhere else? The Iberostar up here IS good - I have only heard excellent reports from friends/contacts that have stayed there. - Grahame.

michelle2504

Jan 29, 2003
iberostar dominicana

I worked at the Iberostar Dominicana and it's sister resort Iberostar Punta Cana for 18 months(01.10.2000- 01.04.2002) and it is a great hotel.

I am Canadian and my family came down many times to visit, they loved the resort,

The food is good, entertainment staff is great and the beach is precioso!

If you want any specific information feel free to email me. I will probably be able to answer you as my position at the resort was Assistant manager of Guest services.

Best regards, Michelle

WendyPavo

Dec 13, 2002
If I'm not mistaken, Iberostar is a Spanish-owned hotel chain, with locations on several continents.
And, as noted previously, the Iberostar Costa Dorada (in Puerto Plata) is absolutely worth every penny/pesos that you'll spend!! The food is fabulous and plentiful, with huge varieties of food at all times of the day!! The bars are also plentiful and stocked with numerous premium liquors (and also available at all times of the day). The rooms are extremely comfortable (for Dominican standards), the staff is exceptionally service-oriented, friendly and outgoing, and the evening entertainment/shows are absolutely hilarious (although usually at the guests expense )!
As I'm sure that the Iberostar chain is highly consistent throughtout the DR, I would give my highest ranking and recommendation!!;)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Michelle,
Are you the Michelle that also used to work in Puerto Plata Village Hotel? The one that fell off the motoconcho when it ran into a tours bus in the centre of Puerto Plata & got left sitting in the centre of the road?? - Grahame (Bush), ex Guest Service (nearly 10 years ago) at Puerto Plata Village.

michelle2504

Jan 29, 2003
Bushbaby,

Sorry, I think it must have been another Michelle, because the whole time I worked in the Dominican it was at Iberostar.

I know another Michelle she is a rep for Apple Vacations in Punta Cana, it might have been her because she has been living in DR for a really long time, her family has a house in Juan Dolio.

Hasta luego, Michelle

dreamer_in_kw

Sep 9, 2002
Iberostar Dominicana

Thanks for the replies.

The resort I am wondering about is the one in Punta Cana. It's called Iberostar Dominicana and from what I read it's sort of attached to the Iberostar Punta Cana and you can use facilites of both.
Any other info you can supply about this resort would be great.
Like how many times you can use a'la carte restaurants, what are the rooms like - clean?
What is the entertainment at night like?

J

J's Girl

Dreamer -
Iberostar Punta Cana is where I stay every time I am in the DR. We will actually be there in 10 days. The Dominicana and Punta Cana are sister resorts that share the same property. They are both beautiful and very clean. The number of times you can eat at the a'la carte restaurants depends on the length of your stay - a 5-7 night stay is allowed 3 reservations, 4 night 2 reservations, and 3 night 1 reservation. There is an entertainment staff that puts on a different show everynight along with a house band.

J's Girl

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
I just had some friends stay at our place a couple of nights and prior to their visit with us they were at the Dominicana for two weeks. **[They do like the Dominicana, having returned there at least five times, it is a little bit more upscale from its neighboring facility, the Punta Cana, the guests have more perks, i.e. the guests at the Domincana can use all the facilities at the Punta Cana, the guests at the Punta Cana can only use the facilities at the Punta Cana.] The rooms are quite comfortable, the refigerator is stocked daily, no-charge. They like the buffet and the Mexican restaurant. One of their major discussion topics was how much food there was and how often they were filling up. They raved about some almond sweet loaf bread that was great as toast for breakfast. My perks from them was a loaf of the almond bread and about a case of Presidentes taken over time from the room stock. Regards, PJT

Edited March 2nd. **See my most recent post below.

Last edited:

sue hart

Nov 21, 2002
I have stayed at the Iberostar Dominicana three times. It is fantastic. I have also stayed in two other hotels in Bavaro and both times I popped back to look around the Iberostar and they definitely pour their profits back into the complex as each time the place has additions, improvements etc.
The Dominican people are warm and friendly. The quality of the food and the variety is great, the accommadation is of a high standard and the entertainment is varied, bars, disco and theatre. Also next door is Pacha discoteque which is open to the public.

J

J's Girl

PJT

Are you sure they didn't stay at the Iberostar Bavaro? Clients at the Bavaro can use all three properties. The Punta Cana and Dominicana share the same property, and guests can use all of the amenities at both, but not the Bavaro.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Now, for the rest of the story.

I contacted my friends, I was wrong in my interpretation of what they had previously told me, they now have set the story straight for me and for us all, I hope. The following is their response.

"There really is no difference re:perks whether you stay @ the Dominicana
or the Punta Cana. They are 2 separate buildings that face each other.
All guests staying @ either place have the same options to their
restaurants, pools, snack bars, evening entertainment, etc. The cost
also is the same.

The big difference is if you stay @ BAVARO you stay in a suite rather
than just "a bedroom". Also when staying @ BAVARO you have more
speciality restaurants that Dominicana & Punta Cana guests cannot use.
And also there is a separate pool that only BAVARO guests can use. Any
guests staying @ BAVARO have privileges to use anyplace & anything on the
complete complex. Not so with guests staying @ Dominicana & Punta Cana.
It's higher priced also."

Thank you Bunny and Joe. Regards, PJT