British Foreheads to be Billboards

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I know this isn't about the DR, at least not yet, but since our esteemed webmaster is a Brit, I am hoping a little leeway will be given to the news that a use has finally been found for the heads of the Brits:

Have an ad? Rent space on someone's forehead

Monday, February 10, 2003 Posted: 1:50 PM EST (1850 GMT)

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- More universal than television, livelier than billboards -- London marketing whiz kids have hit upon a new advertising medium: the human forehead.

In a national British campaign to be rolled out in coming weeks, marketing agency Cunning Stunts said it was about to start renting advertising space on the foreheads of university students.

"The idea came when we realized how much coverage students gained in the newspapers during recent demonstrations over debt," said Cunning Stunts' Nikki Horton.

"This is a new way for them to supplement their meager income, but it's also the new advertising medium," she added.

Students will have logos semi-permanently tattooed on their foreheads and will be paid 4.20 pounds an hour (about $7) for three hours, the amount of time they are reckoned to be "out and about" and thereby promoting the product.

Men's magazine FHM and digital TV station CNX are likely clients, with trials kicking off in the northern city of Manchester.

"FHM is constantly looking for new and impactful ways to communicate to men," said marketing manager Nial Ferguson. "If we can do this and pay for the next round at the university bar at the same time, then it seems a good idea to us."

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Are you trying to tell me something Ken? We meet for a few moments on Sunday, you view my balding hairline & then you go post something like this!!! We Brits can be sensitive people you know!!!!
With MY hairline, I would need at LEAST ?20 per hour!!!!

Anyway, it was to finally meet up with you. Let me know if you are coming over to Puerto Plata sometime. - Grahame.