be efficient

Amber

Jan 24, 2003
Last week I took some friends out to dinner at a plush restaurant and I noted that the waiter that attended us carried a spoon in his shirt pocket. I found this a bit odd so I asked him about it. He explained that the owners of the restaurant contracted some experts in efficiency. The consultants concluded that clients dropped theirs spoons 73% more frequently than the other utensils. This represents an exchange of 3 spoons per hour per table. If our personnel prepared itself to meet this need, we could reduce the number of trips to the kitchen and save approximately 1.5 hours per person per shift. At that very moment, a customer at another table drops his spoon and the nearest waiter quickly replaces it. I congratulated the waiter on their efficiency.
Then I noticed that all the waiters had black string hanging from their trouser zippers and I couldn?t help asking our waiter about it. He explained that it had also been discovered that by having a string attached to their privates, they could save 93% of their time in the bathroom by using the string to pull it out. That makes sense, I said. But then I wondered how do you get it back into your pants? Well, sir, the waiter responded, I don?t know about the rest of them, but I used the spoon.
:bandit: Amber