Fishing in DR

hmolinero

Feb 15, 2003
Where do we go fishing? Deep sea fishing info wanted!

We have a Lebanese friend who is Ex-Patting here in Santo Domingo with us and he is desperate to go deep sea fishing. Can anyone give us some resources to follow up with? I've tried some of the hotels in Boca Chica but they are ridiculously expensive...there must be a cheaper way, no?

Gracias!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yacht club?

Maybe someone from one of the yacht clubs will feel sorry for your friend: Haina has one, and over in La Romana there are a bunch of sport fishermen tied up at the wharf.

Best place might be Boca de Yuna a go for bill fish.

Catch and release only, please!!

HB

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
hmolinero said:
Where do we go fishing? Deep sea fishing info wanted!
I've tried some of the hotels in Boca Chica but they are ridiculously expensive...there must be a cheaper way, no?

Gracias!!

Deep Sea Fishing is a sport. Like all real sports it takes money! That helps to seperate the men with their sports from the boys with their games.
Actually the prices that are usually quoted in the DR are fairly cheap.

hmolinero

Feb 15, 2003
Thanks!

Thanks for the info Tony and Hillbilly. I agree it takes money, but I'm originally from the Maine coast and I know you can go sportfishing for a full day for 1/2 the price of 3 hours quoted to me at one of the hotels. We'll check out the wharfs you suggested though and will keep trying.

Cheers,

Heather