USA/DR Trading Partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
OK, my mistake, I shouldn't have mentioned the US specifically. I thought most of the Free Zone exports were heading to the states, (this is why the textile industry was in such a crisis when one of the key treaties expired a couple years ago) but it doesn't matter where they were heading since your wife wasn't singling out Americans, she was talking about foreigners in general.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
salito123 said:

"Speaking of benefits, I would hate to think what the DR would be like if it weren't for the benefits it enjoys of trading with the US".

New york

and Contrary to your belief. DR does not do a great deal of bussiness with the US

Its main trading partners are actually in asia and europe......

the only thing that is heavyly traded between the US and DR

is culture.....

The principal trading partner with the U. S. under the Caribbean Basin Initiative, the DR is the fourth largest trading partner of the U.S. in Latin America and the Caribbean, behind Mexico, Brazil and Venezuela. In 2000, it exported US$6.9 billion and imported US$7.5 billion, according to Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) stats.

Yeah, your right on the money again!

Sorry for off topic reply moderator, if you intend to reply to the post, do it in the business forum or emal/PM me :)

salito123

Mar 10, 2003
Robert said:
The principal trading partner with the U. S. under the Caribbean Basin Initiative, the DR is the fourth largest trading partner of the U.S. in Latin America and the Caribbean, behind Mexico, Brazil and Venezuela. In 2000, it exported US$6.9 billion and imported US$7.5 billion, according to Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) stats.

Yeah, your right on the money again!

Sorry for off topic reply moderator, if you intend to reply to the post, do it in the business forum or emal/PM me :)

TOP EXPORT PARTNERS
E.U., United States, Canada, Japan, Puerto Rico.

TOP IMPORT PARTNERS
Venezuela, United States, Dutch Antilles, Mexico, Japan.

TOP EXPORTS
Ferro-nickel, sugar, gold, coffee, cocoa.

TOP IMPORTS
Foodstuffs, petroleum, cotton and fabrics, chemicals and pharmaceuticals.

Yeah, your right on the money again![/B]

yeah seems i am

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
What the hell are you guys talking about? Both seem to be saying that the US is a good trading partner of the DR.

I stopped reading the whore thread where this was moved from. I guess I will have to revisit it now that this peaks my interest.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Ding, ding!

Rob is right. The Dominican Republic exports more than 3 times as much to the US as to the next biggest purcharser who is... Puerto Rico. Third one is Haiti.

This according to Cedopex. The ultimate source of data for exports from the DR.
http://www.cedopex.gov.do/estadisticas/reportexe/pais_nacional2001.pdf

We are talking about this Jazz
Originally posted by salito123
and Contrary to your belief. DR does not do a great deal of bussiness with the US Its main trading partners are actually in asia and europe...... the only thing that is heavyly traded between the US and DR
is culture.....

Last edited:

salito123

Mar 10, 2003
I posted my correction on the "whore" thread

Rob is absolutely right...

one question that i have for those that live out there......

when i do go on vacation over there and go to the markets, I notice that alot of the products available are products that are not available in the US, they look european, can some one explain this to me.....

is it the the US exports/imports raw goods and that most of the ready to sell products come from the other trading partners?

i am boggled by this..........

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
JAZZY!!!!!!!!!! I"M MOVING YOUR POST OVER

"Message"
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by MrMike
What
And where is it that you and your husband live again?

Speaking of benefits, I would hate to think what the DR would be like if it weren't for the benefits it enjoys of trading with the US.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Little Salt said:

New york
and Contrary to your belief. DR does not do a great deal of bussiness with the US

Its main trading partners are actually in asia and europe......

the only thing that is heavyly traded between the US and DR
is culture.....

-=-=-=-=-=-

Robert is right, I went into the business section and started reading the thread and had to come back here. You didn't have a clue and made a false statement. Well at least you can now say you learned something instead of teaching the rest of us.

How are those Lucent options doing?

Regards Jazzcom

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Salito:

Maybe you went to Carrefour, else I don't understand.

We import more than we export. I work in International Commerce and Transport, I don't have the statistics with me, but I know that the US is also the largest source of imports to the DR.

salito123

Mar 10, 2003
I don't know the name of the place i went, all i know it was in Santiago, it was a huge market, and i also went to a big one in Puerto Plata not as big as the one in Santiago, but the inventory was basically the same....

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Minor point, Puerto Rico is part of the US. Until that changes you should put all the imports/exports under one heading for this argument.

I went back and read the whore thread. I stopped reading this because arguing with Little Salt was becoming a bore and impossible to get a point through to him.

Without trying to be picky and anal, you really ought to improve your spelling. You were brought up in the US and didn't just fall off of the banana boat. I will never mention it again.

Packaging in the DR is not done by US standards but by DR standards no matter where it comes from. It isn't at all like the Europe that I have been to.

The US hasn't granted the trade equivelent of "Most favored Nation" status to the DR. If and when it does I expect a big improvement in the numbers. The DR will be able to compete then on a level playing field.

By the way, the DR is NO more your country than it is my country or Roberts. We are both investing there and want nothing but good to happen there and wish no bad.

Regards

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I don't know... maybe a local chain that I don't know (I know Santiago pretty well but not Puerto Plata). Except for the ridiculously high prices and the sometimes sad-looking produce our supermarkets have almost the same products as the ones I've seen in the states albeit with less variety.

Last edited:

salito123

Mar 10, 2003
jazzcom said:
Minor point, Puerto Rico is part of the US. Until that changes you should put all the imports/exports under one heading for this argument.

I went back and read the whore thread. I stopped reading this because arguing with Little Salt was becoming a bore and impossible to get a point through to him.

Without trying to be picky and anal, you really ought to improve your spelling. You were brought up in the US and didn't just fall off of the banana boat. I will never mention it again.

Packaging in the DR is not done by US standards but by DR standards no matter where it comes from. It isn't at all like the Europe that I have been to.

The US hasn't granted the trade equivelent of "Most favored Nation" status to the DR. If and when it does I expect a big improvement in the numbers. The DR will be able to compete then on a level playing field.

By the way, the DR is NO more your country than it is my country or Roberts. We are both investing there and want nothing but good to happen there and wish no bad.

Regards

sorry i don't meet your standars of spelling, if i knew i would be tested i would of used spell check.. (when is the test)

and like i said before

thank you for gracing us with your over all wisdom and knowledge sorry that i do not share your point of view since it is superior to my own....
i will never doubt you'r greatness and never shall i deny that your pee cures that ill, i am humbled in your presence.. forgive me..........

lmao
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
This thread and the whore thread proves...

...That Salito doesnt know wht the F*** he's talking about. His wife said she so lucky to have an intellegent and good looking man by her side. Well maybe one out of two aint bad. Personally I would't want him making the decisions in my household.

salito123

Mar 10, 2003
Re: This thread and the whore thread proves...

Mcinbrass said:
...That Salito doesnt know wht the F*** he's talking about. His wife said she so lucky to have an intellegent and good looking man by her side. Well maybe one out of two aint bad. Personally I would't want him making the decisions in my household.

thank you for sharing.......

the above applies to you as welll

salito123

Mar 10, 2003
Re: This thread and the whore thread proves...

Mcinbrass said:

Ok I need to hear this

how does a thread (the whore thread) which is based on opinion
How can opinions be wrong?

and this thread, that i made a comment and it was innacurate and i retracted the original comment "PROVE" that i don't know shit....

please exlplain........

since poeople liek you know it all......

(damn am i glad i'm not you)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Re: Re: This thread and the whore thread proves...

Hahaha, well I agree with him and it looks like a lot of people do.

There is no test. You spell worse than my 11 year old and that says plenty regarding what you are about. Speaking of my daughter, I haven't heard you all talk about your kids. Do you have any? Maybe you use your personality for birth control! LOL

salito123

Mar 10, 2003
Re: Re: Re: This thread and the whore thread proves...

jazzcom said:

There is no test. You spell worse than my 11 year old and that says plenty regarding what you are about. Speaking of my daughter, I haven't heard you all talk about your kids. Do you have any? Maybe you use your personality for birth control! LOL

have no kids.....

and ofcourse you guys will agree, i can already see who's part of the lynch mob

this is your ONLINE click.

salito123

Mar 10, 2003
Re: Re: Re: This thread and the whore thread proves...

jazzcom said:

like i asked. how exactly is it proved?

i fail miserably to see.........

and once again....

I am not here to impress anyone.

and to answer your earlier question, yeah it is my country by birthright its where i hail from,

and i also fail to see how your investing into the country, by what? supporting the local whore population..

Status
Not open for further replies.