places to eat in sosua and cabberete

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Good places to eat in Sosua are Bologna, Il Moulino, La Rocka and Morua Mai. Best place to eat on the Sosua Beach, is Scandinavian Bar. (Caseta 152)

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
couple of others

PJ's has good pizza....

also,across from the britannia is a little dominican place(they have an icecream stand in front) and they have nice cheap plates for lunch if you want to do it cheap.Chicken or beef with rice and beans and a salad for 35 pesos.

Larry

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Places to eat!

There are loads of good restaurants right on the beach of Cabarete overlooking the water and beach. Good one is Ristorante Vento for seafood & pasta, but you need reservations. On the south side is the german restaurant Hexenkessel, good prices and serving sizes. The only inadequate meal I have had was at La Dolce Vita. I think they had just lost their chef but they could have improved by now. As I said there are tons of restaurants that serve international cuisines lining the beach and road. Best pizza in Cabarete, Pizza E Via at the far end of Cabarete.

Certainly no lack of eateries and night life!! Bon appetit.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Sosua
Tons of places,my favorite at the moment is next to the German bakery,its called Dusseldorf,great fillet mignon with pepper sauce or mushroom sauce,great wienersnitzel,bringa hearty appetite I alway bring home a doggy bag,cheap prices best value ive seen in a while
J.H.:cool:

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Forgot that one, agree with Johnny. Huge portions to very reasonable prices. Try the Jaegersnitzel, you should be realy hungry to empty that plate.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
My favorites

There is a lot of good eating in Cabarete. My favorites include the previously mentioned Hexenkessel, Casa de Camarones is located across from Villa Taina and back in about 100 meters, the food is exceptional, the chef is French, the atmosphere is very peaseful and relaxing, the service is friendly and the prices are very reasonable. Toma la Luna is a Sicilian restauraunt located just behind the Valero Resort. It is owned by a Sicilian guy who is also the chef and his French wife. Very good food and my wife thinks it is the most romantic rest in Cabarete.

jg2000

Jan 20, 2005
Heading to Cabarete in few days can anyone surggest any good places to eat in Cabarete and do meals cost? The current messages are over a year old.

Thanks
jim

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
jg2000 said:
Heading to Cabarete in few days can anyone surggest any good places to eat in Cabarete and do meals cost? The current messages are over a year old.

Thanks
jim

Really enjoyed my meals at Tropicoco when you enter Cabarette from the West. Also the german place on the main street had decent food. My best meal was at Papi's - his lobster was to die for...Tom

Thebes

Jun 18, 2004
There is a good Mexican restaurant called Bogey's at the Eurodive center in Sosua. This is about 200 meters from P Clisante at the corner with Super Super, just before city hall. Continue a bit after city hall and on the left there is an excellent and reasonably priced Italian place with pizzaria. I don't recall the pizzaria's name offhand, but it is easy enough to see and you'll know it because it is sunk down below street level.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Another very good Mexican restaurant in Sosua is El Botin, the Mexican plate there is very good. It's located in the street thats goes down to Waterfront. The Italien place you think of is Il Moulino, very good food, but sometimes very slow service.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Chinese, Thai and Dominican

Chinese - on the main strip in Cabarete on the opposite side of the road of the beach (it is painted red inside and is open air, you cannot miss it). Their food is very good and very reasonble. I think the best wonton soup I have ever had.

Thai - I don't know the name of the place but if you drive most of the way through the main strip of Cabarete (if coming from Sosua) you will see a sign that says Procor (or something like that) with a gate and guards. You go up there a little ways and around a bend to your right is a small hotel that has a restaurant below which serves excellent Thai food. I know some of the regular DR1ers in Sosua go her often and can probably give you better directions and the name of the place.

Real Dominican - if you want some real Dominican food that is cheap and very good, walk all the way along Sosua Bay Beach until you come to the Charimicos side of the beach. Go straight up that road, pass P.J.'s Supermarket and just past there on your right-hand side you will see a restaurant called D'Aldos, there is a sign out front, (I think it is better than Central Restaurant in Charimicos but I know a lot of other locals think Central is very good too). This restaurant has a pretty good selection of different dishes.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Carmines is a Dominican Tipico Restaurant. It is on a back path behind the NY Shark Bar in the middle of Sosua Beach. Fantastic Dominican plates at Dominican prices. I have written this before and will write it again. Be ready to share a table with a stranger, this place packs them in during lunch hours!

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Cabarete also has a nice Dominican restaurant.. along the strip opposite the beach.. it has open windows ansd is approximately across from the bakery.. can't think of a name right now.. maybe others can/will help

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
Hexenkessel

Hexenkessel is very good!! Apart from that, the servings are large and the price is right!

Bueno
Barato
Y Mucho!

travelling

Feb 20, 2003
Checkpoint in Sosua

If you are looking for a good sandwich, try Checkpoint which is in the middle Beachway Plaza, behind PJ's, next to the Remax/Western Union Building in Sosua
Great sandwiches and specials - the meatball sub is excellent. One special they do is a cold turkey sandwhich with stuffing and cranberries called Christmas on a Bun- locals and tourists are eating them up and its a fun place to hang out and meet people.

Last edited:

oaktown75

Feb 9, 2005
Cabereta Food

Hello, if anyone is looking for a good place to have a snack at or a quick meal... Check out Cafe Pitu. The atmosphere is awesome, and the food is great. A recommended dish would be the pizza and the Agula olo.. I think thats how you spell it, if not your'll know what i mean. :laugh: