Samana Airport Loan Guarantee Approved!

Kiteman

Aug 25, 2002
Dear Mr/Mrs Jasper,

your promotional, Samana "sells pitch" posts have a definite odor of SPAM wafting around them. Samana.net is dedicated to the promotion of Samana, why don't you just scan some of your sales brochures and post them there? Fo!!!

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Kiteman,
Jasper's posts are definately not spam as they deal with the issues of tourist development of Samana, an important issue in the DR. He is providing an important service in keeping us informed as to the progress of the new international airport and other Samana area projects Also, as I personally know him, I can assure you he has no brochures to scan and has been providing Samana Net with valuable and up-to-date tourist development information. I for one appreciate his input.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
Kiteman

seems to interest lots of people, including yourself as you read the article. sounds like spams of negativitiy coming from you.

Kiteman

Aug 25, 2002
Jasper,

your Samana sales/promotional posts have had an increasingly desperate ring to them as of late. I hate to burst your bubble, but I didn't read your referenced article, but I must add a sincere thanks that you at least did not post the article in it's entirety like you have in the past. And yes, Andy, posts used to sell things in an information forum are SPAM should be put in the classifieds, or in this case, samana.net which is a dedicated to the selling and promotion of Samana. Good luck with the sales campaign!!

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
The posting of information regarding the new international airport at el Catey is far more than just spam. This information vitally affects many businesses, travelers and otherwise anybody even vaguely interested in the DR,... likewise any other information regarding Samana or any other part of the DR for that matter.

And yes, Samana Net PROMOTES Samana. It's supposed to do just that.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
Correction from IDB in NYC Office

"IDB's Board approved the Guarantee last year but the financing has not closed. Work towards financial closing is continuing."

-IDB New York 03/27/03

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
Kiteman

I didn't copy any long article. I actually spent hours doing the research, writing the article and pasting the links so that any parties interested in the Samana Airports could see the veracity of the article and the research i.e. that I wasn't spouting wishful thinking. By the number of hits that the original article received, it seems to be important to a few hundred people - many of whom are affected financially by the airports' being built or not: myself included. Sorry, but I don't understand your spam reference. I guess it's over my head. I have nothing to do with Samana.net. I would think that an investment of U$300 in the DR airports and it's spinoffs is somewhat important and deserves to be in the business section of this forum. If you were faintly interested in the area, then you would have taken the time to read the article and its significant links. Obviously you're not so why don't you get some therapy for negativity.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Kiteman,
It was only after reading Jasper's latest reply that I realized that you think that he and I are the same person and that it is me that you are accusing of spamming the board on behalf of Samana Net or promoting Samana.

Be advised that if I post anything I use my real name and Robert can verify this as he has all poster's IP's logged. I don't need to hide. By the way, who are you?

Kiteman

Aug 25, 2002
Dear Andy and Jasper,

no, I don't believe, nor have I ever believed you are the same person. As of matter of fact, I've never given any thought as to your identities, or for that matter, anything about you. I was commenting on your propoganda-style posts about Samana. Your collective nervousness due to my observations is quite telling. I think Shakespeare said it best " I think they protest too much...".

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
If anybody "protesteth too much" it is thou, knave Kiteman.

Collective nervousness? I think not. However, as I am like any Samana businessman or woman that relies on tourism, this airport is of the utmost importance to us, the Nagua area and to the DR so we are understandably concerned.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
Update Samana Airports/IDB Guarantee

IDB SUPPORT FOR PRIVATE SECTOR IN LATIN AMERICA GROWS
Bank projects attract $13 billion from equity and debt institutional investors
The Inter-American Development Bank?s support for the private sector in Latin America and the Caribbean continues to grow, despite the recent financial volatility of some countries and an economic slowdown for the region.

By the end of 2002 the Bank?s active portfolio of private sector projects, financed without government guarantees, totaled $2.45 billion from ordinary capital and $3.4 billion in syndicated loans. The total cost of the projects was $13 billion. Every $1 invested by the IDB from ordinary capital in private sector projects helped mobilize $5.42 from debt and equity investors.

The percentage of lending directly to the private sector without government guarantees increased to 3.78 percent of the Bank?s portfolio in 2002, compared with 2.7 percent in 2001.

Of the 52 active private sector projects, those located in smaller and more vulnerable markets received $289 million in financing from the Bank?s ordinary capital and $1.1 billion in syndicated loans.

During 2002 the IDB approved five loans for private sector projects and two guarantees for a total of $316.4 million and two syndicated loans totaling $70.5 million. Among the projects were the first Private Sector Department project for Guatemala, a $25 million loan for the electricity sector, and the first in the airports sector, a guarantee of $150 million for the Dominican Republic.