Waterfall near Sosua?

harold10

Feb 12, 2003
are there any waterfalls relatively close to sosua. i would like to hire a driver to take me to one and i am trying to get a feel for how much time to plan for. i read about the waterfalls near somana but it looked to be kind of far on the map. some info regarding the distance, cost, and where to hire the driver would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I dont know

I dont know but I do know you can get a cheap excursion from sosua to jarabacoa where there are waterfalls.
Larry

Lore

Mar 9, 2003
Jarabacoa

I second Larry. Jarabacoa's falls are beautiful and transportation easily arranged. There is another waterfall the other side of Puerto Plata, off the highway that runs to Santiago. But, it is, as far as I know, not very well known to tourists (largely I think due to it being quite a strenous all day trek). Mind you it is closer, but for ease and a great bang for the buck I would recommend Jarabocoa.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi harold10,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

If you send me an e-mail I will send you contact info for a driver that I hire (April 24 in a couple of weeks, e.g.) and some sample rates and tours including the Damajagua Falls near Imbert.

Have a great trip.

Gregg