Well Done Atallah!!!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
As if by magic, I hit the jackpot again. For months I have been posting about the Atallah group. This headline by DR1 and what has happened with the former Bank Superintendent confirms my opinions about this group of ambitious politicians supported by the incredible Hippo.

If you notice, the man who should have been placed in a public park so that all Dominican citizens could pelt him with rocks for failing to protect bank savers, has been given a reward, just like Mr. Pepegate himself, who soon will be promoted in rank and perhaps become chief of our Army, if Hippo has his way.

Now that Alberto Atallah has been crowned, let me tell you about another Atallah that I have been posting about. I am talking about Nazir Atallah.

If you recall(you can check the history files) I have been saying that this "Don", PPH Czar, and Hippo boy has been given the right to take over green areas of the city to promote his name for political purposes. About all we need to see is a statue built to himself. He has placed bronze plaques, signs and posters all over the city promoting his cult to personality, using the excuse of "beautyfication". The fact is that rather than beautify the city he has created traffic obstructions. One of them at the intersection of Abraham Lincoln Ave. and Malecon(the triangle).

He was the creator of the Hippo reelection campaign when he made this campaign ad using Celia Cruz song and changed it to the beat of "Hipolito Va, se lo dijo Nazir Atallah,oh,oh,ah. People really got sick of hearing this stupid ad and was pulled off the air.

This guy( place it in your notebook for one of my predictions) if Hippo has his way and gets reelected, will be given some very big responsibilites in his new cabinet and will become a bigger nightmare than the ex-superintendent. He has the mentality of Saddam Hussein in terms of cult to the personality and his penchant for promoting himself with the poor by giving them baby cribs, mattresses, pillows, and other things a la Balaguer style, is his trademark.

The big question is, where does he get all this money?

TW

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I had almost forgotten about that damned song

The worst part was the sound trucks. Of course, all the candidates always use those things but for some reason - the popular hit song I guess - Nazir's was particularly intrusive and invasive.

I fully agree Nazir could tone down the self-promotion but I appreciate the improvements, particularly the flowers (if not the garish yellow paint) on Lincoln between Bolivar and Sarasota. It starts to get crusty as you head south, but well, that's another thread.

Apr 26, 2002
Keep on posting the "inside stuff", Golo. Those of us in the hinterlands would never otherwise learn this stuff.

Thanks to you, I withdrew my $US75000 from the Baninter way back in March, before others knew it would collapse.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Hey!

What are you talkin' about Pib??? 750 bucks is good money, enough for lunch tomorrow..........in Miami.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Porfi: if the decimal point was after the 5, doesn't that mean you had $75?

I still have about RD$35 in BanInter. Stopped using the account without taking the trouble to close it. What would you advise, golo?

It is good to see you back, by the way. Your recent posts have been like the DR's answer to the UK's Private Eye, of which I am a great fan. Do you know it?

Chiri

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Re: Hey!

Jon S. said:
What are you talkin' about Pib??? 750 bucks is good money, enough for lunch tomorrow..........in Miami.

Thats almost enough to pay for dinner when MomC goes out(except for propina which she always leaves in cash by the way)

Larry

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
If you have $75

pesos or dollars, I would take them out. Baninter is going to liquidate small accounts using administrative costs to reduce them to zero, just like Banco Popular does.

Of course, it might cost you more to drive out to the bank. Its up to you. Its important also to watch credit card minimal balances due, which you might not be aware of, such as credit card yearly fees. While you may think your account is dormant, it might be running fees and late dues because you are not using it. Baninter has a way of not sending statements purposely so that you forget about these fees, and later stick you with the bad news via a call or lawyer. There is a fee called "boletin" used indiscriminately by Baninter to sock you with $25 fees at their discretion.

TW

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
The Atallahs and Hippo reelection

Alberto Atallah, ther man who looked the other way as Bank Superintendent while Baninter was giving away the savers' money is now shaking heads with his new project.

As you all know, he was named Secretary of State by Hippo and he is in total command of Hippo's reelection bid throughout the entire government agencies' staff and employees.

His latest trick is to canvass all government employees to segregate those who are pro-Hippo and those who are pro-another candidate. Those who do not favor Hippo for reelection will be fired.

The rest will be forced to donate part of their salary for Hippo's campaign thru forced payroll donations, such as the ones doen at the Port Authority and Customs. These employees will be trained in street campaigning and bused around in the thousands of buses, minivans and other vehicles brought in thru the corrupt RENOVE plan, which practicly gave away these vehicles to members of the pro-government unions.

Hippo flags, banners and promotional hats and other stuff are now being distributed to employees to be worn at all government functions and to overpower any attempt to stop Hippo.

The Atallahs will be key players in this since they know how to channel government money leaving no tracks. It is all done legally thru travel vouchers, inaugurations, presidential visits, etc. It's an well-oiled machine. You will see lots of cowboy hats being worn by all government officials.

TW

ruddy

Jul 7, 2003
About Nazir Atallah (Where does he get all this money?

About Nazir Atallah and you question: where does he get all this money?

Father's Nazir is a rich man. Don Elias is a big hard-worker man.
I'm a long time Nazir Friend's(since baby, at San Francisco de Macoris), and I can say he is a successul business man.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
I am from Dubuque, Iowa. Spent a lot of time in Chicago, and a bit in New Orleans, too. Ever been there guys? Every manhole cover in the Big Easy is permanently stamped with "Courtesy Mark Morial - Mayor", and every bus stop in Chicago has some lighting fixture with a "Daley" name on it. Wonder where Hippo's man got the idea? He been to Mradi Gras?

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Xanadu Ranch, you are right

You are absolutely right.....Nazir Atallah would fit right in with the La Salle Street early morning crowd at Chicago City Hall, where they decide who gets a nice juicy contract with lots of greasy stuff and cost overruns.

If anybody in DR is a Dick Daley copy is Nazir Atallah, the greatest fraud in present time politics. You need to be here in DR and understand politics and finances to know who the Atallahs are. You should also ask around about their banking aptitudes and Nazirs computer school activities. Megalomania is the namae of Nazir.

TW

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Xanadu Ranch, you are right

You are absolutely right.....Nazir Atallah would fit right in with the La Salle Street early morning crowd at Chicago City Hall, where they decide who gets a nice juicy contract with lots of greasy stuff and cost overruns.

If anybody in DR is a Dick Daley copy is Nazir Atallah, the greatest fraud in present time politics. You need to be here in DR and understand politics and finances to know who the Atallahs are. You should also ask around about their banking aptitudes and Nazirs computer school activities. Megalomania is the name of Nazir.

TW