www.samana-peninsula.com
The new registraton for Aeromar B737-200 is HI-777CA

check pictrure on Airliners.net

340046.jpg

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/340046/L/

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
The way that airline is going I doubt if they are going to be flying for long.

M

Meng

Im curious

Why do you think they are doomed for failure... Honestly, what makes you think they are going under? By the way, have you ever flown in them? If so, please share your experience...

Thank you :)

-meng

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Huuummmm. Let's see. Why do I think Aeromar MIGHT be doomed for failure. I think that fact that they ALMOST always depart late, their passenger # has fallen tremendously and people are staying away from them gives me that feeling. Not to mention that at one point they were selling passengers non-stop tickets SDQ-JFK and would make a stop at STI to pick up more passengers (a family member went through this and said it was a terrible experience). I have never flown aeroMAL but plenty of my relatives and friends have flown them in the past. Out of 4 uncles, 3 aunts and 5 friends 9 of them said they will never fly aeroMAL again. So I base my decision for not flying with them on that. There goes my non-experience with aeroMal for you.

Last year aeroMal was doing WAY better than now. You tell me what's going on then?

And to think. I almost did fly them last year. I should've while they were still good.

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Did you also know this plane is 21 years old on May 11th of this year??? Not that there is nothing wrong with that.

M

Meng

OK.. perfect

THats too bad your family and friends had a bad experience. I guess that is a reason why not to fly with them.

However, I tend to disagree on them being better last year compared to how they are doing right now. Flying more passengers does not necessarily mean "better." Yes stronger cash flows and higher inflows of money. BUt you know how I see it? Well, its like polishing the rough edges. They have seen the best scenario... (last High season)... (imagine if they would have gotten the 757 and 767 earlier last year) and the worse case scenarios... They are becoming well rounded like a perfectly polished stone. They are learning to deal with things, and have survived.

Yes they have reduced flights, but they are doing everything slowly, patiently, and using their heads, as oppose to other companies which unfortunately failed, like APA, who did have a strong market when they were still flying. I think the worst is over (the war, and terrorism {hopefully}) I think the ride just got a little smoother.

M

Meng

21 years old?

Its a baby :) ... only used by one airline.. (USAIR metrojet) this means perfect maintenance record, great comfortable configuration... and it was only grounded for several months...

I think they have potential with this little plane... (fly to other latin countries, and keep costs low)... Charters, regular flights... anything is possible....

Come to think of it, amidst all this in the economy, they still have the money to buy it? Maybe they are not that bad after all...

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Meng my friend. You have your self a point.

But I won't still fly aeroMAL hehehehe :cool:

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Well, the same story happened with Aerocontinente's 732, it had to wait here in SDQ, the plane arrived in 2000 and now it's just a history. So BQ's retired 732 will repeat this story.