Customs Question

Tom LOng

May 4, 2003
prodiving.com
My company has received a request to perform an ABS inspection of a vessel in The Dominican Republic. This will involve us bringing a moderate amount of diving equipment and an underwater video system with us as checked baggage. Any suggestions as to what we should do to make this go well will be appreciated. We have heard some rumors of equipment being confiscated or pilferred. Thanks.
Tom Long

Glasnot

Jan 28, 2003
You can contact Condonave (682-7706) a small/old shipping agent experienced on this matter. Ask for Capt. Lluberes.

Glasnot

Jan 28, 2003
Custom Question

I think those equipmets arrives as a vessel repair parts or maintenance equip, so they will come back to us. You dont have to pay tax, but you have to do a statement of.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
ASK PIB

The PIB is the local expert on import and export questions.

You might contact the ship's agent in Santo Domingo and have them clear the way through Customs.

This should not be a big deal since most everything that comes in will go out. Just make sure they know that.

HB

Tom LOng

May 4, 2003
prodiving.com
Re: ASK PIB

Hillbilly said:
The PIB is the local expert on import and export questions.

You might contact the ship's agent in Santo Domingo and have them clear the way through Customs.

This vessel does not move and probably belongs to the government. Thanks for the help. I have gotten some very good help from the legal forum and think we have it all sorted out. Thanks again.
Tom Long