Aeromar MIA-SDQ

Orlando

Feb 28, 2003
I've been calling and emailing Aeromar for days, with no reply. I need to know the fare for MIA-SDQ for July 2003.

Is this airline reliable?

M

Meng

emailing and calling??

1-877-237-6627 is there number... or if you are in the Dominican Republic, 1-200-2226. Its not that hard.. call in, and ask for the lowest fare... What dates are you travelling??? One way? or Roundtrip. Their website currently has a 237$ Miami-sdq-miami...see if you can get that fare, but i doubt it because July is high season...

Reliable? Yes, they have been operating that route for about 4 1/2 years.... In july (the time you want to fly) they will use new 737-300 aircraft, operating daily at comfortable Schedules... go to their web page www.aeromarairlines.com and look at Itinerary.

-meng

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Just out of curiosity?

When are you guys going to start looking at paid advertising on DR1?
We must be sending lots of business your way?

We appreciate the updates and letting people know all about Aeromar, but note some other airlines "actually" pay for advertising with DR1.

If you would like me to contact someone at Aeromar, let me know.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Keep in mind that if you call or write

they seem to take days to reply.

I think Aeromar paying to be on the site would be a brilliant idea because it might reduce the nonpaid stuff.

Orlando

Feb 28, 2003
Aeromar

Robert & others:

I have called Aeromar *17* times over the past two weeks, at different times of day/night, I am put on hold listening to unspeakably bad music, and nobody ever comes on. One hold was 39 minutes; the others ranged from 6 to 38 minutes. I don't have time for this. That's one of the best ways to scare customers off.

Also, I need a large group reservation for Nov 2003 but I wonder if THEY have any idea whatsoever what their schedule will be that far out. Such things have to be arranged in advance.

Does anybody have an idea of their fall fare, MIA-SDQ-MIA, and their current fare, same route??? They should list this very basic information on their web.

Also, the other day, Orbitz said Aeromar "didn't exist." ;o
Hmmm...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I must admit, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence in an airline if your having so many problems actually giving them money.

Personally, if I had to make a group booking and the dates are not flexible, I would go with one of the bigger more reliable carriers.

Maybe some of the people that read this board can give you some advice.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
try American Airlines..

they should give you more choices and the price diffrence is really no that big...sometimes cheaper!

emailing Aeromar is not going to get you anywhere.

If you must travel with them, call early in the morning.

As far as Aeromar paying, I think it a good idea. All other companies pay and so should they.

Orlando

Feb 28, 2003
American, for ATL-MIA-SDQ and return, is quoting $627 at present.

I was thinking of dove-tailing, American from ATL to MIA, then Aeromar MIA to SDQ, and the reverse on the return.

Using that routing, American gets $194 for ATL-MIA, and Aeromar $237 (?) for MIA-SDQ, for a total of $431.... almost $200 cheaper than American all the way.

BUT... Aeromar's schedule... and... dependability... are issues.

:(

Grrrrrrr. How frustrating.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
the problem is...

That you have to check in at both flights from ATL-MIA and MIA-SDQ. If you are carrying luggage it will be the same deal, claim your luggage and re check it. It's time consuming and if AA is delayed by any chance, you will miss the only flight out of MIA on Aeromar and lose another day.. If you have enough people call AA, they offer good discounts for group travel. If you are travelling in November, AA will have some very good prices since demand is low over Fall..

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
FSD:MIASDQ/10JUL/BQ/USD

SE30 237.00
MHXNR30 310.00
NHXNR30 325.00
NHWNR30 335.00
WHXNR30 339.00
LHXNR30 340.00
WHWNR30 349.00
LHWNR30 350.00
HHXNR30 350.00
HHWNR30 360.00
BHXNR60 369.00
BHWNR60 379.00
Y 195.00 390.00
Y 225.00 450.00
JBQ 240.00 480.00 BUSINESS RESTRICTED FARE

Fares don't include taxes.

Searcher

May 5, 2003
I wish you luck and hope you get a group discount....AA just increased its fares and on top of that AA started to collect USD10.00 per each tkt issue at an airport....so make sure, if you fly AA, not to buy your tkt at the airport. Info provided by AA staff at JFK airport.

JZ0013

May 29, 2003
AEROMAR

I have sat here for the past hour and read all that has been written about AEROMAR and I must say, a lot of them has been made with out research.
I have always said if you are going to argue or prove a point you must always educate your self on the subject as to not make a fool of your self.
For starters let me say that AEROMAR came into the market and brought with it many "perks" if I may, that had been abolished or in the cutting board by AA.
For years AA had taken advantage of our families and friends with outrageous prices, unfriendly/non spanish speaking customer service agents, moody flight attendants, they took away the stale meals on board, they took away Travel agents commisions, those that have contracts with AA where about to loose their commision as well, they took away the SENIOR and Children fares, although they brought back the child fare now with only a 25% discount from the adults fare. And that is just to mention a few.
In the other hand AEROMAR brings:
Lower and Reasonable Prices
Friendly / Spanish Speaking CS Agents
The best On board service ever given by any Carrier flying to DR
The best on Board Meals ever, (mangu & salami, Arroz con Gandules, etc.)
Travel agents get 10% commission, (some get higher depending on the volume of sales)
Senior Fares, (pax over 62yrs and a companion get 10% discount from the regular fare)
Children fares from 33% - 50% off the adults fare.
And that is just to mention a few.
Like any bussiness in the world, is always rough at the beginning, but you keep on rolling and it will get smoother. They have encountered many obstacles and have made mistakes as well, but they have and are still learning and improving themselves.
Give them a chance.
Thay have done a lot for just one and half year with the JFK - SDQ and just one year JFK-STI operation.
Look at the numbers:
They have flown over 100K passengers to DR from JFK, and in less than a year increased their operation from a three (3)flights a week to a twenty (20) - twenty eight (28) flights a week operation,(in high peak season). As well as a jump from a 727-200 to a 737-300, 767-200 and 757-200 and the purchase of a 737-100, not bad for a company that has been fighting against the odds, specially with it's own countryman.
Is weird how all the misfortunes, delays, overbooking, baggage problems, etc. I have read has happened with the bigger carriers and no one says anything, but it happens with AEROMAR and people go crazy. We should learn how to support our people, because the moment we completely stop doing so, all this big cariers will go back to their norms and charge outrageous prices to travel to a beautiful island just 3.5 hours away.
We should re-think our stand on AEROMAR and Thank them for coming into the market when they did.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Aeromar promo campaign is going on and on.

Best meal service, well, if the only place for you to eat salami is to board international flight, what can I say. They'll be the best when they'll serve champaign and caviar.

Pero que chopos.

Guandules, senores pero vayanse a la Duarte, ahi estan las frituras que venden esas bainas.

Last edited:

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
JZ0013, u are wayy off!!!!

You want some research? Let's do the research...

"For years AA had taken advantage of our families and friends with outrageous prices, unfriendly/non spanish speaking customer service agents, moody flight attendants, they took away the stale meals on board, they took away Travel agents commisions, those that have contracts with AA where about to loose their commision as well, they took away the SENIOR and Children fares, although they brought back the child fare now with only a 25% discount from the adults fare. And that is just to mention a few. "

- Prices, study airline economics...The caribbean is considered a low yield market. People who pay almost nothing to travel to the DR. Nobody flies first class anymore, everybody just upgrades. And add the TAX factor in the equation, tickets are cheaper than what you think.

- Non spanish agents? Where?? Miami is almost entirely spanish speaking, NY has a large spanish population and even AA has a dedicated line for spanish customers.

-Meals on board....Chicken or beef? You are complaining because they took the meal out of a flight under 2 hours...Are you really that hungry?? Remember, people are paying less expensive fares than years ago.

-Travel Agent Comission...They were the middle man between the airlines and the customers. The internet was created, comissions were eliminated. Now, the TA has to charge for their services, fair enough.

-Childrens Discount... Well, the ocuppy a seat no matter what. And a seat is a lost inventory as soon as the door closes. How do you expect to make mony having an airplane 1/2 kids. I think children should pay double, just because they spent the whole flight kicking and screaming....

"The best On board service ever given by any Carrier flying to DR"
What service is that?

I really miss those meals onboard.. (NOT).

Now let's see why I fly AA:

- Convenient Schedules
- More Frequency of flights
- I don't have to drive 4 hours to take an airplane.
- Complimentary Upgrades
- The advantage program
- More destinations
- Ability to Pre reserve seats.
- ETICKETS (I really hate paper tickets)
- Reliability.
- Etc.....

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
just to emphasize on what GRS has said. I mean, food is not a big deal. I have said it before and I will say it again, you get on an airplane to get from one place to another so who cares about the food.

As far as spanish speaking CSR's, I know AA has a faster ASA(Average Speed of Answer) when you call them than Aeromar does, no matter whether English or Spanish.

I really don't see how AA has taken advantage on anyone. You want to go to DR, then AA offers you more choices and you ony our own will choose to fly with them or not. It's not mandatory to fly with them. So thier fares are 600 bucks in the summer, then tell Aeromar to get serious and start offrering real competion.

You think I will switch carriers to save 10 dollars? Not only that, AA's fares are cheaper most of the times anyway.

Forget about supporting the country's airline, which is not Aeromar anyway. I will fly with the more reliable airline and if that airline offers a better fare, even sweeter!

I don't understand what this big deal about Aeroamr is....tey have done nothing to warrant all this attention. We ahve a few people who have come here and just posted a lot fo stuff about them which has not even helped the airline.

Aeromar needs to make improvements, build an online reservation system, set up e-tickets and so on.

Once they do this, they need to try to secure better financing to achive better things. I hope they do well. What amazes me is that some who are somehow affiliated with them come here and post things aboiut them and are really hurting them.

JZ, welcome to DR1...I have to say that what you posted was mostly based on your opinion although you tried to make it look like facts which happens a lot over here...

arroz con guandules(not gandules) and salami and mangu? I mean really, who cares? no offense intended

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
Here we go with another marketing campaign

I hear many good things about AEROMAR but it mainly consist of "Tremendo Mangu", "Que jumo me di en el avion y fue gratis" and "Esas Presidentes estaban super-frias en el vuelo" and yes, the staff is really friendly, speaks our language and our people really like those things which no other airline offers.

But do we really think that a $3 meal and free drinks is what a good airline is all about? I have to say that AEROMAR has the right idea in regards to serving our people on the plane but when it comes down to customer service, it is a whole different story. I rather pay an extra $80 or $90 because I want my calls answered without having to wait for almost an hour, to be able to claim if anything is lost or missing without getting the run-around, get more frequent flyer miles and not have to wait for hours while my ticket is being hand-written.

I know that delays, lost bags, cancellations, etc. are common to all airlines but they provide you with a good and prompt customer service. AEROMAR needs to start spending money in order to make money. Management at AEROMAR must think that their clients fly with them because of the Mangu, Brugal, Dominican flight attendants, loyalty or national pride but that is not the case, most of AEROMAR's customers only want a cheap fare. AEROMAR is going to have a rude awakening when another cheaper and reliable airlines come along.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
BQ

We nows their need a lot of improvements but they have done a good job to get Continental, American lower fares.

Well in high season Aeromar is cheaper if you are looking to AA and BQ fares its at least 100 US$ chepear for a better in flight service.

American is a big airline and they have a lot of connections they can fly 4 flights a day with A300 for Aeromar, LanChile, AeroContinente, Air Santo Domingo, Queen Air and others to come they will fly, American is an airline to offer connections from other destinations in US to DR. Aeromar is just a airline to offer SDQ/STI-JFK/MIA and the other airlines.

Salamis or guandules its better than nothing!

I expcept more about Aeromar the next years.

They have now an B737-300 to offer frequently schedules to Miami and soon you can expect MIA-STI / SDQ-SJU flights and maybe new routes.

Air Santo Domingo also is a new airline in this market they have e-tickets ( and electronic check in in San Juan - SDQ flights) maybe they will ad also to JFK-SDQ flights.

Lan Dominicana an airline of Lan Chile all the money goes to Lan Group so this we can forget as an dominican airline (50/50)

Viva Air is just an charter airline on my part i dont see real competition with this new carrier... less they offer cheaper fares.

Aero Continente Dominicana another low fare carrier to start up End December 2003

(ps: sorry for my bad english)

I dont think that English is the problem... I just have a hard time trying to grasp what you post...

cmedina07

Last edited by a moderator:

JZ0013

May 29, 2003
To all who replied.

I am not here defending nor nocking AEROMAR. For those who didn't take the time to read my posting. It is not about:
The food
Fares (Althoug the person that said Airlines should charge double for children, is just plain ignorant, I guess my posting is geared to a more open minded and intelectual reader.)
Commission
or Service.
And if I may add I never said they are and Hope they never are a "NATIONAL CARRIER"
All I'm saying that for a company of their age they have done a lot.
And yes there is a lot of room for improvement.
So folks lets just give them a chance.
Remember all airlines start somewhere, and the beggining is always though.
And by the way, I am not making this personal with no one.. so please if anyone is going to reply to my posting with childish and ignorant comments.. Just save them. for that I'll just go to my children school and hear them talk about issues they don't know.

:cool:

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
JZ,

I suggest you go back and read what you posted. I also think you may need to read back on the replies you received. You posted some things on Aeromar in comparison to AA. people who replied did not agree and I think had good reason not to.

I would also like you to take a look at the rules and guidelines that are set up. There is no attacking or insulting others on this board.

Anyhow, welcome to DR1 and we hope to enjoy reading your future posts.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Opinions

Opinions are free to express on this website. I stated that children should pay double and not discount, because they can make your (and everybody else) flight miserable. Why is that ignorant? Haven't you flown on a 4hr flight with a child behind you kicking, screaming, playing with the tray table, crying, throwing up..??? Try it one day and you probably get the point. Right, you want your mangu and salami...It clearly shows your intelectual level......:D