Lost Luggage with Continental?

R

Rick Pagels

Has anyone had luggage lost or broken into while in the care of Continental Airlines? I have had 2 of 2 within a month lost. One was found but half empty, the other still missing. I'm just trying to see if there are more people having had the same trouble with Continental.

D

Dee DeMusis

Dear Rick,

So glad you wrote! I had a real nightmarish situation with Continental three years ago; I am glad to say tht it eventually worked out but you need to be assertive an they will repond.

I went to the DR with a mission group; we were a group of over 40. Out of all the bags that were checked, four were lost: two of mine, two of the group leader. The sad thing was that the cxontents of these bags had medicines, clothing, books, and toys which we were going to use in medical clinics for very poor people. When I returned to the US, I pursued the matter with the airline. Ultimately the bags were never found and the airline only reimbursed me $595.00. The reason that I pushed farther was because we had to shut down several clinics; the medicines that were lost would have extended our supply and capability. Also, COntinental had been caught red-handed by 20-20[the ABC news magazine] in a big baggage scandal at Newark airport[where my group traveled through.]

I sent a letter to the Chairman of the Board, Mr. Gordon Bethune documenting my entire experience with the airline. Several weeks later, I received a $1,000 travel voucher and was able to return to the DR to work for an additional period of time. I strongly urge you to make your situation known to Mr. Bethune. Good luck and happy flying.

Dee

T

Tom

Continental was just ranked the number 2 airline in customer satisfaction amongst US Carriers, a big jump for them. This would be a good time to air your grievance, I'm certain they want to use this publicity and don't wish any complaints

Tom

T

Tom

Re: Which one was #1?

I can't recall, but it wasn't Delta, AA, Northwest or United. It may have been Southwest

Tom

N

Natasha

Re: Which one was #1?

Tom,

You may be right, Southwest has consistently been voted the best overall US carrier (by Conde Nast's Traveller).

Natasha