Is either resignation or military intervention

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I believe very strongly now that Hipolito Mejia and his entire government, including Milagros Ortiz Bosch should resign and leave no room for the PRD to be in power.

Supreme Court Justice Jorge Subero Isa should take over the government now, or else we are going down the tube.

If this is not possible, knowing Hipolito Mejias ambition and thirst for power, autocracy and airs of dictatorship, I am ready as a Dominican citizen, investor, faithful taxpayer and contributor to the economy of this nation to accept U. S. intervention, either civil or military right now.

What is even more shocking, is that I would favor our own military taking over the government. I do not trust a civilian government will get us thru this anymore.

I am sorry if I offend anybody, or if I cause irritation or dismay to those who love democracy. I love democracy as much as anybody here.

But what we have in this country is anarchy in the hands of a bunch of inept and unscrupulous politicians, who will stop at nothing to destroy this country.

If my head has to go, so be it. Living in DR is not worth it anymore under this uncertainty. What good is comfort, luxury, even having so many beautiful women, if one man, drunk of ambition can divide this nation and turn it into a living inferno.

God save us all!!!!!

TW

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Golo,

Now that even you are worried about the current situation is when I know that I was right all along about this idiot that's in power. I would love nothing more then to see this farmer that we have for a president removed and jailed or maybe see him go into exile. Man....you don't know how I've come to love to hate that idiot. Well, I will keep it short because if I don't I know that my words can get ugly. Just know that I feel your frustration.

DR_DEFENDER

PS. Another thing that always bothered me was the fact that such a man with no political history (atleast real knowledge of political science) could be elected to run a country. It's the equivalent of a car driver trying to fly a plane and as we can see the plane never took off and now it's being destroyed as it runs over everything in it's way. How sad!! I knew this was going to happen.

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
I was the one that was piss of when they send me an warning and blocking me from ussing this site, for calling this person an ass. (not rear end)donkey) When I stated that any ass could get elected in DR. Now you see I was right all along. My brother has a horse with more common sence they the present president. It knows to stay between the rows in the field, and its goes straight to its pen. Would you like to vote for him in the next elections? He does not have any pride like the peacoock,and its honor to his breed.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
few things are more discouraging than being able to see clearly into the future and to be able to do nothing to avoid impending doom

Apr 26, 2002
golo said:
I am ready as a Dominican citizen, investor, faithful taxpayer and contributor to the economy of this nation to accept U. S. intervention, either civil or military right now...

God save us all!!!!!

Interestingly, the President of the DR did sign a treaty of annexation to the United States. Though it was not approved by the US Senate, it may, from a legal perspective, still be a valid, open offer.

The name of the Dominican President who signed the treaty back in the 1870s: Buenaventura BAEZ. That name sound familiar? As in "BAEZ Figeuroa". Yes, it's Baninter boy's great grandfather.

The treaty was defeated by the US Senate after it was learned that the annexation was really just a self-enrichment ploy by President Baez, who had no interest in the wellbeing of the people of the fledgling Dominican Republic.

My, what little has changed.

Last edited:

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Well said. Golo

This Scumbags have to pack their sh.t and get the hell out of DR or face what's coming to them.. Hang'm all Hang'm high..

I feel much better now !!!

Zeus (primus inter pares)

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Funny......but I don't feel better at all. Well, I'm tire of talking about all of this. What's the point? There is nothing wrong according to the dominican people. You know something...what the president is doing is the equivalent of watching him coming out of a bank with a gun in one hand and a bag full of money in another but no one will do anything because he is the PRESIDENT! Hell, what was I thinking? The president doesn't need a gun...oh, how stupid of me! Mr. Hippo could just walk up to the bank and demand the money and waalaa he gets it! It's a communist democracy.....democracy by name only and communist by nature!

DR_DEFENDER

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I just can't and don't understand how a president who is to love his country and do all in his power to make it a better place can do what hes doing. I guess money just isn't as important to me as honor and values. Its just so sad to me to see that people say they love their country and yet do nothing to make it a better place for the people. Guess its just me seeing the world through rose colored glasses again and not seeing things the way other money hungry people see them.