I'm so happy i found this message board i need help badly

nieto triste

Jun 24, 2003
Hello i'm gonna try to make this as short as i can.I was born in NY and my grandmother moved me to DR when i was a baby.I stayed with my great grandmother up until i was 3 years old in santo domingo while my grandmother went back to the united states.Coming up i had trouble with the english language so my grandmother and my mom talked to me in straight english.Now that i'm fully grown i dont know how to speak spanish at all.

Heres my problem,my grandmother recently passed away,but she left land in santo domingo for my brother and I.I have the deeds to the land,and she had it since 1974.My mom brother and I would like to sell the property but dont know where to start.Can anyone on this board help me,maybe tell me the property value-or tell me how i can get in contact with the secretary of lands out there.My mom said she wants to go back to DR to settle it all,but she wants to wait till she sues my grandmothers union before she goes out there.I'm afraid that by the time she gets done with that-someone else in my family will try to claim it or the bank might seize it.Please if anyone here can help me,i would dearly appreciate it.My grandmother bought that land for something for my brother and I to fall back on,and I dont want to just overlook that