We won!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Vancouver has just won the vote to host the 2010 winter Olympics. Woohoo!!

Yeah yeah not DR related. Does the DR enter the winter competitions at all? Bobsled team? Anything?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Anna

Boy you Canadians sure get excited easily..lol. Isnt Vancouver just like one big snowdrift anyway?
Larry

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Mt. Duarte

Well, there always hope for Mt. Duarte, just need to manufacture the snow for the winter sports. I doubt there is a Dominican bobsled team, yet I bet they can make one from an old publico if they can see a picture of what a bobsled looks like. This what I like best about the people, they can make something from nothing. (Please no comments about Baninter)

There is an interesting sidebar on Mt. Duarte in yesterday's DR1 Travelnews, July 1, about the mountain and travel there, see link. Regards, PJT

P.S. Congrats to Vancouver and all our northern friends for the "Win"

http://www.dr1.com/travelnews/archive/2003/tnews070103.html

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Trina's Dominican baseball players in Calgary can stay for the winter and practice bobsleding. After a winter in Calgary, Whistler(Vancouver) will seem tropical.

nacho

Nov 22, 2002
Larry:
I live in Vancouver, and it rarely snows in the city, maybe only twice a year.
It's more like one big puddle!

Anna: Hey, they call themselves Inuit now. Unless you are from Edmonton, and then it's ok to be an Edmonton Eskimo.

Last edited:

Keith&Cris

Aug 22, 2002
www.keithbroad.com
This is very cool!
We live in a town called Squamish which is half way between Whistler and Vancouver, on the only highway from Vancouver to Whistler! We're being billed as "The Heart of 2010" and it could get real crazy here over the next few years. Any of you DR people thinking of coming here for the festivities (or entering the bobsled competition :) , let me know and I'll take care of you.
Keith

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
This is as bad as the threads on Iraq. Why is this being allowed to continue?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Speaking of...Anyone from DR1 in Calgary? I just got assigned to a project (short for now) in Calgary. Will be traveling there for the next two weeks. I hear they have this Stampede thing going, which is supposed to be like spring break for cowboys...it should be fun...

BTW: Congrats to all canadians for the win! Love your beer and the girls in Calgary...dammm

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Trina lives in Calgary. She's a wonderful person. I'll email her to look at this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.