Best 4 star hotel for kids in Cabarete?

S5URF

Jul 4, 2003
ANyone know from experience what is likely to be the best good quality hotel for kids aged 60 and 3 in Cabarete. Older one is very sporty and will really appreciate organised sporty activities. As parents, going for watersports, we'd also like some peace and quiet in the evenings, ie no loud discos etc! We've seen Velero and a new hotel, Cabarete Bay, both look good four star but not really clear what their kids facilities are...any help/advice appreciated...

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Cabarete Bay/Estrella del Mar are closed down so they're not an option. To be honest, Cabarete is not the best place for kids activities but if you want 4 star plus, the best hotels on the beach are Velero, El Magnifico, Palm Beach Condos and Villa Taina. I would contact each one and see what they offer for the kids.

good luck!

Marina

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi S5URF,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

The new Viva Tangerine might be the cat's meow for you and your kids.

It is due to open November 1st and hlywud is due to be there Nov. 16 - 23. Suggest you search for a post by hlywud and e-mail or pm him and ask him to find out for you.

Gregg

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
you might also want to contact Windsurf Resort and Tropical Clubs (tropical beach and tropical laguna are located centrally in Cabarete and are the nicest. Tropical Punta Goleta is located about 5 minutes outside of town on Kite Beach).

Marina
kitexcite.com
cabarete

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
Tropical beach

Hi S5URF,

My husband and I and another couple stayed at the Tropical Beach in February. Though we can't speak to your concerns about the kid's program, we did see a lot of people staying there that had small kids, and they all seemed to be enjoying it.

We were a bit concerned about noise as well, as our room was facing the street. Between the hotel and the street is a pool with a jacuzzi which runs down into a waterfall, and we were never bothered by noise at all.

The evening entertainment is held across the street at the Tropical Laguna, and even there, the stage etc. looked like it was well set back from the hotel buildings, so even if you have a room there, I doubt that you would be bothered much by the noise. They also have a larger pool there, and (I think) a kid's pool. It is all set in a nice garden setting.

I never saw any kid's activities actually on the beach, though.

One thing that truly impressed me about the Tropical hotels was the helpfulness of the staff. They were great.

If there is anything else that I can help you with regarding the Tropical Beach club, just ask, and I will try to help.

Rose

S5URF

Jul 4, 2003
Thanks everyone for your messages. We actually booked at Aparthotel Caracol because it seemed to be conveniently located, quiet and with a kids club. This is our first trip to DR and i know we are running the risk of making mistakes; but does anyone who has visited DR and knows from this thread what we are looking for believe this will be a bad enough choice for us to want to amend before we get there? Any comments would be welcomed.