who said aeromar is in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was inside santiago airport yesterday to witness the arrival of 767 boeing aeromar from NYC. I was inside the office of the customs looking at tarmac. Let me tell you guys, I didn't know 767 can hold so many people inside. It seemed there were thousands of people coming off the plane (walking down the stairs on to tarmac). It seemed the plane was so full and the amount of people pouring out was in such a large volume that I thought people must have to be sitting on each other's shoulders to be able to fit in to this plane.
If aeromar is shipping passengers at such a capacity then they have to be doing good. I was also told by the sales agent that aeromar has increased the saleries of their employees.

libramentum

Jun 11, 2003
I flew three day ago from MIA to SDQ in a 737 with a capacity of 130 pax, and the plane was full. I asked an immigration officer how was Aeromar doing and he replied that most of the flights are arriving full capacity.

I have to add, that the service was excellent. The food was very good, the plain arrived 15 minutes before schedule. I only had to pay US$ 90.00 + taxes for each OW.

Before booking with Aeromar, Lan Dominicana had a special for US$ 79.00 OW + Taxes but they only fly three days a week, as well as Aerocontinente.

So, I guess that Aeromar is not doing as bad as some people claim.

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
I hate to crash the party, but full flights do not equate to profitability. Revenue Management 101. If that was the case, then the most profitable flights would be to the Caribbean, Hawaii and Las Vegas, from the the US. Not so. The 30% load factor flights to LGA drive most major carriers revenue - because that plane could have every passenger on an unrestricted full fare.

Selling a $90 one-way only drives up their break-even load factor.

I am not anti-Aeromar. I would say the same from any carrier. There is a laundry list of airlines with packed airplanes that never made it.

Searcher

May 5, 2003
What is interesting about all this is that a year ago some people in this forum were giving AEROMAR two months to disappear from the market.....and guess what, I have noticed that Aeromar has not only stayed and increased frecuencies in the market but it has also forced AA to reduce its ticket price dramatically thus helping hundreds of poeple's budget.

Look MIA - AA is the only carrier with such high fares. Obviously, their strong presence, frecuencies,etc to MIA is of great advantage vs Aeromar that only flies from point to point. It is of my understading that Aeromar will be soon signing an interline agreement with two US carriers that will increase their traffic beyong JFK and MIA.

BQ service is by far much better than AA. I have also heard that Air Santo Domingo Service is good.

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
Papito_Chulo

Thousands of passengers, that's a little bit exaggerated. I think with the 767-9500 Aeromar Special Edition you can only fit 1250 Pax. LOL

BTW Speaking about promotions/cheap marketing, I saw an Aeromar Commercial on TV for the first time. You have to hand it to their PR dept., they're doing a great job at making the airline look bad. First they try their cheap promos on DR1 and now the commercial which by-the-way I could've filmed in my back yard has a phone number to call but no area code!!!!!!!!

Jan 1, 2002
three week ago, i was at cibao airport, and looked the aeromar 762, and take off to NYC full. is right.

i no promotion to aeromar, but to the some people here ??aunque le pique seguira cresiendo??.

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
Aeromar operates less flights in JUL2003 than in JUL 2002, they have less passengers and more debts.

They owe money to Terminal 1 in JFK and ITBIS collected via tickets to DGII.

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
Papito,

How do you know about the monies owed to terminal one? Only a few people know about this and they are the ones that work for Aeromar. Well, you don't have to disclose your source but I know that for a fact everything you said is true, so you have a really reliable source.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Close to RD$60,000,000 to DGAC for pax fees. and U.S. 1.5Mil. to Terminal 1 in JFK.

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
Please correct me if this is not true. But on several occasions terminal one held the plane "hostage" until a payment was wired from the DR.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Please explain to me the following:

How can an airline come and go full load charging top dollar and still go broke? I mean what does it take to be profitable now-a-day? Don't you think aeromar adminstration knows how to handle their expenses and cash-flow when they are the ones who have taken this airline to this level in such a short time? What are they doing wrong to be in such debts when their planes are almost full load?

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Ed_NYC said:
Please correct me if this is not true. But on several occasions terminal one held the plane "hostage" until a payment was wired from the DR.

that is true

AZB,

the issue is not only having a plane full. Remember that Aeromar is wet leasing these planes from other carriers.

This alone cuts into their profits.

Some companies just have a reputation of being "tramposos" never paying anything on time. In now ay am I saying that about Aeromar.

The cost of fuel, customer service,employees,management fees and so on adds up.

You have to have strategies in place and think not only of today, but also tomorrow.

We have seen them come and go because they only think of making money today.

Aeromar can become profitable by automating things more.

I wish them well.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
also ask yourself, where is the money they make going to?

is some of it going to put startegies and procedures to make things better, or are they just stuffing it down their pockets?

If Aeromar automates things more and becomes much more responsible with their luggage problems, they can be better.

Offer e-tickets and online reservations.

do you reliaze that when someone wants to fly Aeromar, they have to either contact them directly or usea travel agent.

agent will get comission and if u call Aeromar, that means someone will have to be by the phone and that cost money.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
I LOVE THE SERVICE

I LOVE AEROMAR SERVICE GREAT GREAT GREAT I'm about to book my December flight already.......................... but i'm planning to wait for bargain deals anyone have info on upcoming bargains from miami to Santo Domingo.

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
Samana,

If I was to fly on only airlines that are debt-free, I wouldn't fly at all!!!! Aeromar has a good initiative but I think the management has a poor judgement.

Yes, after they start doing e-tickets and the other things you said that they're going, I think that they can give any other airline a ru for their money. I guess we just have to wait and see.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
unless you have something to say that has to do with the topic, I suggest you think twice before you click on the submit button.

some of you just don't get it

Status
Not open for further replies.