Nude Sunbathing in Punta Cana

P

Pat

New to this board, travel mostly to Jamaican resorts. This question has probably been asked numerous times but anyway, is there any nude sunbathing allowed in any of the resorts in Punta Cana?

Thanks for any responses

N

ND

There were nude sunbathers, mostly at the beach but a few at the pool, at the Melia Tropical in Punta Cana.

P

Phyllis

I did see some completely nude on the beach in Puerto Plata. Please tell me about the Jamaican resorts, I've never been and would like to check it out, good for singles?

C

CJ

Just returned from the Riu Bambu in Punta Cana last week. About 50% of the women were sunbathing topless, some walking and even jogging on the beach topless. It isn't a big deal to the Europeans, and most of the tourists we encountered while there were European. Very few Americans, and we seem to be the only ones who are modest about topless sunbathing. Have fun. Punta Cana is beautiful.

D

Donna S

Phyllis, Can you identify some of the resorts that permit nude sunbathing in Puerto Plata ? My husband likes to do that. We have been to numerous resorts in Jamaica ; Grand Lido Braco; Grand Lido Negril, Couples (no good for singles); Sunset Beach Resort and Spa. The Lido resorts are wonderful; however Jamaica is considerably more expensive than the DR

M

MarlyF

I really enjoy going totally nude on the beach. Is this okay too?

Marly

M

MarlyF

I think someone is playing a joke on me. I did not write this post dated May 7, 1999 at 2:05 p.m.