Can we cut out the garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
I won't name anyone but this forum is supposed to be about finding cheap flights, airports, available flights related to the DR, etc. That is what I post in this section when I have information, airport questions, prices, etc. This personal crap with promotion and negativity regarding a few airlines and bickering makes it frustrating for users checking threads wanting to check info. I don't care about every darn flight, Aeromar/Aerocontinente/AA, etc makes/the capacity/the profits, etc. Let's get back to the basics.
dale7(Howard)

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
If anyone wonders what I am talking about: AZB had a good post about his curiousity about Aeromar, the thread turned south into a piece of garbage. Another thread about British Airways was posted, what the f..k does that have to do with this forum. There are other examples as well in the last few weeks and I can't speak for others, this is an open forum and I am speaking my opinion. If there is negative criticism about a carrier or positive, that is fine, but then a few individuals carry it overboard and try to discredit the poster or lay on negative comments that are probably baseless. THIS IS CLEAR TO ANYONE, I can't be the only one who feels this way. If I am the only one, I don't have use for this forum. All I'm asking is for some respect for others and unbiased reports and information, is that too much to ask?dale7(Howard)

Last edited:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I'm with you dale7(Howard),

As I scan new posts I routinely dismiss those in this section and rarely bother to open them. When a heading does get the better of my curiosity I am invariably disappointed (if not on that reading, on a subsequent reading after the thread has taken a turn South). It appears that several posters here have an adgenda and the moderator (with respect) is trying to be perhaps a bit too lenient.

Mi dos pesos.

Gregg

Edited to correct a typo - Gregg

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Ditto

I said the same thing months ago to no avail - however if you add the offenders to your blocked list you can avoid seeing the rhetoric of dubious or no value.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Like others, I almost never read the threads in this section. I only look at one if the title arouses my curiosity, as this one did. To me, this section is nothing but squabbles between primadonnas.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
yes we can cut the garbage out.

the rules and guidlines are posted. unfortunately, I am convinced that some of the people who post here are mentally challenged.

Some of you do not even get to see some of the threads that get deleted or modified.

This is the airline forum where anything that has to do with airlines gets posted as long as it has DR content.

lenient? people are allowed to express their opinions.

I do agree that some of the threads do take a turn for the worst, but name a forum where this does not happen.

AZB's question was answered and then some people took it too far and now the thread is closed. Won't be the first nor last time this will happen on DR1.

it amazes me how in the rules and regulations it states to email or PM me with any issues, yet I have not heard from any of you.

and ken, how can you possibly know what other's read on DR1?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
cmedina07 said:

and ken, how can you possibly know what other's read on DR1?

I was referring to the posts that proceeded mine in this thread. One poster said he rarely reads this section, and another has put the primadonnas on his block list.

If you took a poll, I suspect you would find others who think too much petty bickering is allowed in this section, but as far as my comment "like others", I was speaking of those who proceeded me in this thread.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
in any poll you take you will find those that think one way and those that think in another way.

there is bickering in every forum, which is why we have Moderators. you name a forum on DR1 that is exempt from this.

I suggest that if someone has a complaint or a suggestion, they PM me or Robert.

Opening a thread to complain is not the solution.

my doors are open

enough said

Status
Not open for further replies.