I found what I was looking for in Santo Domingo!

Orlando

Feb 28, 2003
OK, I am convinced now, the Dominican Republic has the most handsome men on the entire planet.

As you may recall, I had a long and ongoing thread here over a week ago, about "Finding Gay Men in the DR" - which has since been closed.

All I can say is..... Ramon..... Julio..... Chino...... Jose....... Jose.....(there were two Jose's!).........Alexandre......Broulio.........Enrique..........Luis.......and Ronaldo...........

I had the time of my LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even have to search for them... they came to ME. The Hotel Duque de Wellington seems to be "the meeting place," out front, and along the sidewalk and around the bodega across the street.

I am... speechless.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Hope You Used a Love Glove

Male - Male, Male- Female, all the same make sure you wrapped it.

10 guys in a week is a lot of exposure.

Glad you found companionship and no anti-gay bias, obviously not.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Glad you had a great time

Not biased and am secure in my sexuality unlike others who like to ridicule, etc. I am curious though, and you don't have to answer but did you have to pay for some or not? Since I don't care what others may think of me, I have picked up normal girls who have jobs and weren't prostitutes, and just went out to dinner, dancing, then the hotel, etc and have paid a few times as well. Glad you enjoyed the DR and your experiences could help other gay men who have adult questions with the majority of the board being unable to help.
dale7(Howard)

Orlando

Feb 28, 2003
Re: Glad you had a great time

dale7 said:
I am curious though, and you don't have to answer but did you have to pay for some or not? dale7(Howard)

Most, yes. Ranged from 500 to 1200 pesos. A couple, no, they were just nice pleasant Dominicanos who wanted to have some fun. Most are gay. One is married and has *six* children and just wanted some extra $$.

I am now a wealth of information on the topic, I think, so please refer those who have similar questions in the future to me. Gracias!

(* Can't wait to return. Next trip probably January 2004.)

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
That's awsome...We now have a lawyer - Fabio - (Expert in legal issues), Orlando (expert in finding gays in the DR), AZB (Expert in picking up rich, white, Santiago girls), Larry (Expert in Haitian BJ's) and our grand wizard, Hillbilly, who knows pretty much everything about anything...

Sorry Orlando, couldn't resist...

Orlando

Feb 28, 2003
Ha ha. Well, I believe, if one is going to claim competency in something, one might as wel go whole-hog......
(although, like Rose Nylund, I'm not one to blow my own gurtugenfluegen....)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Glad you had a great time,Santo Domingo,"No Problem"!!!

My only comment would be that you may have been extremly "generous" in the amount you paid! It was your first visit,and most visitors pay more than they have to the first time.I live here,and give my "girlfriends" about 400 pesos for a short visit=one time!If you are talking about "All Night" you are, more or less ok.As a "GAY" friend of mine always used to say"Come when you can"!
CCCCCCCcris Colon;)

Orlando

Feb 28, 2003
Re: Glad you had a great time,Santo Domingo,"No Problem"!!!

Criss Colon said:
My only comment would be that you may have been extremly "generous" in the amount you paid! CCCCCCCcris Colon;)

I'm somewhat aware that I paid a bit much, maybe more than was necessary. However, I am extremely picky in who I partner with, and trust me, these guys were probably the finest the D R has to offer. Quality all the way around and worth every penny...oops... peso. (If anyone needs more specific information on this, feel free to e-mail me!)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Looks like I'm going to have to brush off my velvet hat and fur coat.

Yes, please let's keep the specifics to email...

Orlando

Feb 28, 2003
Just a few more comments in general (I intend to get around to writing a short trip report for the other forum, when time allows me to) ......

I found the people there (of both sexes) to be, 99% of the time, warm, genial, gentle, fun-loving, care-free, laid-back, relaxed, calm, yet at the same time full of vibrancy and energy and drive. (Does that make sense?)

I think only one person failed to respond to my "Hola" with a "Hola." And that was because he was drunk on his ass. :)

The driving - well - I don't think I'll ever be renting a car to drive in the D R. No WAY could I handle the twists and turns as masterfully as EVERY taxi, bus, and guagua driver did. And one guagua driver was operating his bus AND eating a salad AND fidgeting with a radio all at the same time. I've got to say, I *was* impressed.

The heat - my GOD I thought Atlanta was bad. I had mildewy wet clothing to bring home and get promptly into the laundry. Next trip I will consider doing a load of laundry while down there.

The geography - I saw mountains, valleys, rivers, streams, flatlands, hills, beaches, and incredible flora and fauna of every color, shape and hue. Majestic and magnificent.

The merengue festival - I went twice during my trip - my GOD I have never heard such rhythmic exciting music! And the performers performed with all their heart and soul. You just can't fake the spirit and energy required to "do" merengue.

I am JEALOUS of you guys who live in the D R. Some of the things that we worry about and hassle about and get all stressed out over, in the US, wouldn't get a second glance in the D R. :)

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Now aren't you gals you didn't listen to Pam?

I am soooo glad you had a good time here! Your posts really remind me why I live here. Sometimes it's too easy to get wrapped up in life's day-to-day stuff that you forget. Next time, try the North Coast. Less cosmopolitain but a lot of funny. More laid back. And be sure to say stop by and say 'hello' and I'll buy you around and introduce you to some friends ... :: wink ::

Thanks for posting! Can't wait to read the 'full' report.

P.S.
Just kidding Pam!

Orlando

Feb 28, 2003
Xanadu - Yes, I agree, I should experience the North Coast. Several guys I met suggested that I might come in to Santo Domingo, stay a few days, then take a GUAGUA to Puerto Plata or somewhere up there and then depart home from there. I just might do that.

BTW, for what it's worth, air on AA from Atlanta to Santo Domingo for November was at $585 a week ago. Yesterday it was $514 and *today* it is $454. What the hell is going on?????? :)

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Laundry

Orlando, yes the Duque De Wellington is "ground zero" for gay travelers. Across the street is the casona dorada. they have a laundry/ dry cleaners on property. Dry cleaning is usually done in an HOUR!

Next door to the Duque De Wellington is a new Cuban restaurant. Haven't been there yet but will have to give it a try etc.