Moving to the Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron72

Aug 7, 2003
I am moving to Sosua the 3rd week of August from the U.S. I have never been to this Caribbean Island. Reading everyones messages is a treat, at least on the low brow level. lol. If any kind soul out there is willing to get asked many questions please feel free to post away. And do i ever have some questions. haha.............ty....Baron

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Why?

Why would you move to a place you've never seen? For a job or something prearranged I hope. Stay off the weed, too per your other inquiry. And for God's sake don't bring it into the country.

Baron72

Aug 7, 2003
umm..thanks i geuss?

I geuss u didnt notice the diffrent threads in diffrent spots for a reason? But i have an opportunity and i am taking it on a whim. Support not negativity is the key. I am looking for help, not hindrance. But thanks for your version of it. No harm no foul. Peace

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
8 million posts are all read at once

Regular users see all new posts in all forums at once so your many tiny compartmentzlized posts can be just as easily in one post with all your questions and crazy far out plans.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Please expose the mystery

Why would you move to a place you have never seen before, and what do you plan to do when you get there.

-Lee

Baron72

Aug 7, 2003
oh well

I have been to many places around the world. all over the caribbean and mexico. yes i know its third world but ingenuity and hard work doesnt make the payments then what does. happy thoughts and positive advice much appreciated. thanks anyway. post away

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You are going to get a lot more help from the archives than from this board. The archives are a wealth of information. Click the search button near top of this page, then search the archives just like you would google or any other search engine.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Since you're not asking about women, sex or rock and roll I'm moving and merging this thread with one of the many others you've started, If you have any more questions hit the "post reply" button instead of new thread button. We do see all your threads.

It's great to dream and just take off for new lands but please listen to these people some live there and know what they are talking about. Oh and bring lots of money.

Once in a while someone comes along and asks about the weed situation. I once read a post from a well respected Docter that is living in the DR and he said " It is easier to get out of a murder rap than to get out of a drug charge".

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: umm..thanks i geuss?

Baron72 said:
I geuss u didnt notice the diffrent threads in diffrent spots for a reason? But i have an opportunity and i am taking it on a whim. Support not negativity is the key. I am looking for help, not hindrance. But thanks for your version of it. No harm no foul. Peace
You just want to be told what you want to hear? Perhaps this is NOT the right forum for you.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Baron72 said:
If any kind soul out there is willing to get asked many questions please feel free to post away. And do i ever have some questions. haha.............ty....Baron

All the regulars on this board are 'kind souls' :laugh: if the questions permit kindness.

So, ask away - but first check the archives... You WILL get what you ask for.

Baron72

Aug 7, 2003
not meaning to harm

i agree most are nice on here but alot of what people were saying was not meant to do anything than discourage or to attack. i love all people, and third world was not the right words. anybody hiring. lol

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Re: not meaning to harm

Baron72 said:
anybody hiring. lol

Post a classified ad.
If you cannot afford an ad, you cannot afford to live here.

I'm about to clamp down hard on "I want a job" spam...

Baron72

Aug 7, 2003
?

did the lol throw ya? it was a joke along with the continuing banter. i will slow it down for ya. thats a joke again.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Baron, the posters here are not trying to discourage or attack you. It just seems like it because they aren't saying, yes come on down and live like a king here with no money. If they said that I'm sure you would return and say why didn't anyone tell me what it's really like.

I think it's great to be adventurous but only you can decide what is best for you after hearing all and I mean all opinions.

Others have mentioned that if you're lucky enough to get a job you'd be making 158.00 USD a month. So there it is. Can you live on that? Do you have resources?

Come down for a month or so and do a search. That's the best way.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
:rolleyes: Ok I had enough. Why do we bother trying to help.

Come on down Baron live like a king. Have fun.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.