Again looking for family

iamlisa

Jul 22, 2003
Hey, I am still looking for any information on my uncle, Luis Alfredo Torres. He founded the magazine Ahora! and was a leading poet and psychiatrist. He was also American, due to his father being born in Puerto Rico, when it was part of the US. I know the government had him killed, I just want to know about his life while he was alive. Please, can anyone help me????? I really need the help. It is like the govt. has erased everything about his family. I can find no information about any of them and I have papers that prove they were there. Someone, please help me!!!!!!! Lisa:bored:

Apr 26, 2002
An elite family from Barahona. The thing is that Balaguer is dead and very few of his compatriots are left in government, so I doubt there is an ongoing conspiracy to cover up info about his death. I suspect that your difficulties may as much be due to poor general record keeping than anything else.

Certainly, the murder of his compatriot, Orlando Martinez, is well documented.

You may want to contact Revista Ahora directly. Its website is: www.ahora.com.do. A search of the Barahona telephone book might help you find relatives, too.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Porfi,
Good suggestions, but she already received them a month ago (plus mine that she contact El Caribe, which her uncle worked for, and has archives). But it sounds like she did not pursue these suggestions. And she seems to think that there's someone here on the board that knows all but is not telling, and somehow asking the same thing over and over and over will make them speak up. I & others have tried to tell her that if HB, Golo, Dolores & other DR1 stalwarts did not know enough to help her out, then the likelihood of some other Board member or lurker of being able to help is slim to none, but she won't listen.
Regards,
Keith

iamlisa

Jul 22, 2003
family

Thanks to Keith, Dolores, and Porfio. I now have even more information. I have contacted El Caribe, no response, Ahora, no response. I did not know about Balaguer or Rafael Molina Morillo. Now that I do, and also this Orlando Martinez. Thanks again for the info. I am still trying my best and appreciate the help. Thanks. Lisa;)