"Luis" on Fox

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
This is the first time I have seen the show. Luis is a Nuyorican donut-shop owner with a Dominican ex-wife. She comes into the shop and he asks, "I thought I got rid of you. Wait, I mean I got rid of half my money."

"Puertorican money!" she sputters. "I spent two days in front of the Coinstar machine, cashing that in."

Luis shoots back: "You think that's so bad, I had a Dominican ask me to make change...for a chicken!"

Lots of funnies on this show. I will try to catch it again next week.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
We caught it last night at someone else's house (we don't have any channels yet at home).

It was Saturday at 8:30 on Fox. Could have been a repeat of a show during the week.

Chopical

Jul 6, 2003
I seriously hate that show. It's suppost to be taking place in Harlem, of all inner-cities. The wife doesn't look good, oh I meant Dominican. The husband is ugly (can't they hire hot sexy latino actors) and the daughter looks white as hell, just like the mother. In uptown manhattan there are race wars between dr and pr. the race wars were started because:

a- pr women kept stealing dr men.
b- pr gets into the usa easy and dr is jealous

there maybe other versions but that's all i know.

the show is about a pr man and a dr women and their daughter the females are white as hell. the show steriotypes, the first one did when they talked about the daughters exboyfriends being drug dealers and such. they make the characters poor and not well educated. it's a fuckin' slap in our face.

i seriously hate that shoe-it's the worst show ever!