Necessary documentation to open a checking account

anisetto

Oct 8, 2003
I am trying to open a checking account in pesos and would like to know what I need to open it. I live in the US but have a Dominican cedula. Also, what bank are reliable enough to put my money? and can I access the money from the US?

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Let me try and get this straight - you want to open a checking account in the us that allows you to write checks in pesos?

As far as I know it is not possible. You could get an account with Banco Popular and get checks with them, that would be in pesos.

I know there are some banks in the US that will cash a check from the DR that is in pesos for a fee, but you get your money in dollars. My check was from Seguros Monumental and it was an insurance settlement. I do not know if you can cash personal checks, but from a business I could I just had to wait for it to clear (2 weeks).

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
anisetto said:
I am trying to open a checking account in pesos and would like to know what I need to open it. I live in the US but have a Dominican cedula. Also, what bank are reliable enough to put my money? and can I access the money from the US?
I think you only need your cedula. I originally opened accounts with Passport and letters from banks in NY saying I am a good guy.

No bank is reliable enough to put your money in. Not real money anyway.