Golf !!!

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Hey there people.
Has anyone had the good fortune of playing any golf at the Playa Dorado area?
The group that we are going with would like to get out for at least one round of golf, and the Playa Grande sounds like a good deal.
Any and al info will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
I have played at the Robt. Trent Jones course in Playa Dorada. It is a fun course to play. You will HAVE to use a caddy whether you walk or ride. Don't worry though, because the caddies are nice to have on the course with you. They do an excellent job of reading the greens, distance to the pin, ball location, etc., plus they keep the pace of play moving at a nice speed. If you play, ask for Jorki or Ignacio. They are two of the best.

If you want more info, email me direct. I think there is a link on this reply.

Snowbird.
(back in 04 for the 7th year.)

rediwat

Oct 7, 2003
Golf at Playa Grande

Playa grande is apparently a fantastic course. I am travelling in January and have done extensive research on playing there, as I am not staying in the area...and I simply must find a way to get there to play. I read one comment that suggested one didn't have to have a caddy, though I agree with the other reply which said the course requires a caddy. It seems, from what I have looked at, that there are more flexible "rules" in place for this course than some others. Anyway, one site I found has a flyby of the course which is absolutely astounding. 12 of the holes either are on or have site of the ocean; the course is set up on a plateau like topography...many people have commented it is superior to Casa de Campo, which I find hard to believe...yet I keep finding such comments. If you wish to have the websites I have located about the course, please write a response indicating so. Happy golfing.!!