Hungry AMET!!!

Happyhare

Jun 26, 2003
The economic crisis is being felt by everybody!!!

Early this morning I was chatting with my colleague at work. We were somehow worried about the constant devaluation of peso and the unrestrained increase of price. As we spoke he told me that even AMET, who are better paid as traffic officer, won't be able to handle this economic situation.
Just as I was driving home, as we all know the traffic light was off (no electricity), I saw two AMET in two corner very close to each other. One of them made a sign allowing me to cross and the other supposedly made a sign warning me and telling me to stop, even though neither I or my colleague saw the sign he made. A third AMET stoped me a little farther. He accused me of disobeying the traffic signs which I never saw, and because I was asking and commenting about the situation of that poor signaling he added reckless driving to the traffic ticket.
I still don't know how much I have to pay. However I feel this one won't come cheap because I didn't sign the ticket for I disagree with the penalties.

Let's pray for this country and for all the people who are just doing their jobs following blindly to the twisted rules set by hunger tortured mind. May God set His own rule on the earth.

Tomorrow will be another long day. Now we need to work for a expensive living and work to feed our hungry government.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Ugh, how I miss the days of handing the PN officer $50RD and he sends me on my way...

These AMET officers are a bit over zealous though... the other day I was stopped for supposedly not wearing my seatbelt (on Nu?ez de Caceres)... Although I have extremely dark tinted windows and there is NO way to see inside the car unless I open a window...

The jerk made me stand there for 20 minutes while he wrote up the ticket, bitched at me about my expired license, and then at the end just handed me back my expired FL license and told me to leave without handing me the ticket...

About 6 months back I was stopped on Maximo Gomez for not wearing my seatbelt (had the windows down that time... :angry: ) and the POS took my license...although it was from FL and expired... paid $300RD and got it back through a "friend"...

This seatbelt law is the most pathetic idea in the world... they'll let you drive around with a beer in your lap and not look twice but god forbid you dont wear your fricken seatbelt.... BAH!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
What is better actually is that you can drink and drive but not talk on a cell phone without hands free. Man if the story don't start with "YOU AINT GONNA BELIEVE THIS SHIT" it aint a good story.

Scott