D.R. and cat 2*

eli

Jun 10, 2003
I perhaps have been one of the harshest critics of the local authorities when it comes to this subject, what i'd like to try is to obtain objective imput from the users of this forum and use it as an excersice to see if we come with some possible solution to the issue at hand.

We may not gain anything from it but maybe just maybe we may find out that amongst all the differences we all express here we may find out that we actually are looking for the same end result.

Dominicana440

May 3, 2003
CAT II

Eli:

nobody answered, because nobody seems to have a clue.
But if one study the cases of Guatemala and Costa Rica, there one can find answers: In the first case, the President did not care enough, in the second case (Costa Rica) the President (of the Republic) cared and sure enough, CAT I again.

Congress in the DR needs to pass a law for reformation of the old civil aviation laws (that were not updated since 1945!). A law proposal in congress is pending since august 2002, nothing happening. Not only needs the law to be reformed, but also kept. So actualy the solution could be easy, but it seems hard, because the status quo would affect personal accounts of influencial persons that profit from the incredible dollar exchange rate and the monopolistic situation created under AA domain.

This is my personal opinion.

Greetings Dominicana440

cara

Feb 21, 2003
First, the problen is political and second is tecnical, the FAA always say what to do and the dominican authorities dont cara what they ask.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Well i must say that the cab has come a long way since the beginning of cat 3 however there is still alot of ground to cover, nevertheless the problem is not only in cab it's also that it is not convenient for the american carriers if Latin American carriers are flying to and from the states at their will so they deviced this IASA plan to prevent them from doing so (with this i'm not saying that there weren't any oversight problems) but until there is a government that complies that's the first thing and then demands the restrictions to be lifted like Peru, Venezuela, Colombia,Mexico and a few others did there is no real hope to be out of cat 2*.