HNRLBKVSTWQGIDX

SKSTIJFK16DEC,BQ
1 BQ 808 /YAM STIJFK 0900 1130 752 0 B 21NOV14DEC
HNRLBKVSTWQGIDX
2 BQ 808 /YAM STIJFK 0900 1130 752 0 B 15DEC23DEC
NWRBHLVKSTXQEIDJ
3 BQ 808 /YAM STIJFK 0900 1130 752 0 B 24DEC
WNRBHLKVSTXQEIDJ

So as we see STI will be operated only by 757 and SDQ JFK is served by 767 only for 2 weeks.

Flights to HAV will not be operated, nor to MIA

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
Oh man! 757 to STI during Christmas... From what I?ve seen the 757 is not a good aircraft for that route during high season. It will be almost like this past summer but worst given that it is Christmas time and everyone is anticipating those regalos from Nueva York. This past summer Aeromar left behind so many bags that they had to bring in a cargo plane to deliver them to STI/SDQ. Not to mention that some of those bags stayed behind for almost a week and the lovely ?Ladrones? at JFK had a field day with them.

The 757 is not a good a/c for the Dominican Republic during high season, most of us Dominican carry too much stuff. You have to see size of some of those ?bags?; they remind me of small studios in Manhattan. But on a serious note if Aeromuerto messes up during the holidays (That is, if they ever get off the ground) it will be the end of them.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
New slogan for Aeromar:

You will spend Xmas with us in Caribbean and your bag will wait for you in JFK. Free yourself, travel with no care!

eli

Jun 10, 2003
AEROMAR zero flights to the caribbean and minimal presence in the US marketshare. it's very sad

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
this is the result, the way they work is the result they have today.

By the way, does anybody remember my posts here 6 months ago, remember what was my vision for flights to HAV and future for Aeromar. Any comments?

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Aviastar, the most thing you are miss, but Havana destination is suspended and Aeromar will return back to Havana not yet know by the current economic crisis (1 US$ for 42 DOP) do not increase more travelers!

Remember; Air Santo Domingo was intend also to add Havana but their have known what AeroContinente and Aeromar have done. AeroContinente havent flown, Aeromar have flown for 4 weeks and suspended the route.

It is not of bad management, you need to see the current crisis in the DR, may this effecting the Dominican Airlines!

Last edited:

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
My dear friend Samana1, if you will refresh your memory you will be able to remember that I told you here like several months ago that exchange rate will increase to around 50 DOP per 1 USD, remember your replies to it? Ok, when Aeromar announced to fly to HAV we discussed this here, I said it will last maximum 3 weeks, it did for 4, so?

When you live all your life in aviation you don't have to guess, you just feel it. Flights to HAV are plan of utopia, 757 during highn season to STI will kill BQ's image forever, at least they have money to hire cargo plane to transport bags.

I think that Aeromar will suspend its flights to NYC in FEB again.

The thing is not to fly wherever like Aeromar wanted, that's why they wanted HAV, just to fly there, to prove that they can fly. There is no need to fly to HAV, as well as there is no need to operatre flights to Pakistan, but since we have sky you can fly even there.

If Aeromar can not stay on SDQ MIA route, what are you talking about, 2 weekly flights to HAV with CU beside will never be profitable.

Remember I told you here that cuban passengers will never buy tickets via BQ, political reasons, their minds, etc. I also informed you that Emely Tours will never change its carrier, so this happened just the way I explained, Aeromar finished this mstory with 10-15 passenger per flight and Cubana is always 99% booked. I think Aeromar need to hire a manager who knows just a bit about aviation industry, they've changed them like zillion times but it just got worse.

SDQ MIA route is closed for BQ because it doesn't transport cargo anylonger, LAN's flights to MIA are profitable just because of cargo, 3 times a week timetable to MIA with late schedule is not that impressive.

If you will remember we've been fighting here when LAN started operations, you told me that they will bring A320 in NOV and will operate daily flights to NYC, what was my respond? LAN is not moving forward at all.

Probably ASD will serve SDQ MIA route very soon, since you don't live in SDQ I would like to inform you that ASD's giant posters are at every corner here, all major streets are under ASD invasion. ASD's fares will be low, they pretend to offer the best timetable, daily service and excellent service.

By the way, on NOV 26 I am flying with ASD to NYC, so I will post detailed review, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

C ya,

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
I respect your opinion, but i dont agree with you,

I think Air Santo Domingo wouldnt succes on this route, American is dominating with their connections and AeroContinente as LanDominicana are big airlines with very low fares and excelent services as PTV;s at LanChile flights and a lof of room for Bags.

Air Santo Domingo want fly with B727-200 so i think the price is US$ 169 one way! (to Miami) B727 agains B767's (low fares)

Aeromar have suspended the route by some reasons, not because the managment is not good! No aircrafts for this route, Aeromar will return to Miami later not know their is a reorganisation in Aeromar.

2 757 for high season is good, ok a lot of poeple wnat travel but Aeromar have a limit as Air Santo Domingo is doing with the B757 on high season, not BQ is a shame about bags also American and other carriers it is just things that happend on this route.

Aeromar will have a B763 and also some aicrafts that can operate cargo if need from JFK, last summer Aeromar had 2 aircrafts as backup in JFK, the hoel summer was a excellent operation of Aeromar. After 21th September all goes down, i was also at SDQ and have talked about the future and financial of the airline, Aeromar cant go the the bankruptcy, their is a lot of money in the company, also are a lot of investors!

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
COMO SANTO TOMAS!!

VER PARA CREER!!
IN THIS INDUSTRY YOU CANT ASUME THINGS.

I have 13 years of experience in this industry and i learn lots of things.

And one of the things was that THAT IN AVIACION THERES NO ROOM for improvisation.

And also that in this industry desitions change within hours.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
well, I undersatnd you again, you won't see reality. Aeromar will not return to MIA or if it thinks to returne there when, right after the high season? It is a pity to understand that you think that there is no available plane to lease in this world, it is a pity to see that you think that Aeromar has a lot of money, this is absolutely incorrect. If Polancos wish to lease a plane tomorrow but they don't know where to get them we can help! ;) ASD's flight to MIA will be operated by another plane, not 727. Actually Aeromar will do well during high season, not because it is great, just because all flights are sol out.

I wish you-d be able to judge things independetly, you can be Polanco, Hipolito Mejia or anybody else, there is one truth only. And you look ridiculuos, 6 months ago you were fighting like crazy here in this forum trying to convience us that within few months Aeromar will fly to Paris and Madrid, remember this? Unfortunately you don't have credibility after this. You say things you imagine, as aviation amateur it is ok, but try to move forward.

I am going to Europe next week, so I will be absent at forum, I will miss all of you.

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
DC-3.jpg

Aeromar is getting this bad boy air worthy in a few days. It will do SDQ-STI-HAV-PTY-MIA-JFK-MIA-PTY-HAV-STI-SDQ 3 times a day.

Last edited:

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
Eli

Sorry that you could not make the inaugural flight on the 21st, I mean 25th (Today). We had some technical difficulties but we're going to be in the air up there as soon as we dry up a little.

21plane.jpg