All-inclusive Resorts

Becky Lewis

Nov 24, 2003
I am wondering if there are any resorts within walking distance of good snorkeling if we go to an all inclusive resort? :confused:

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Depends on which area you plan to vacation in. I am partial to Sosua, and there a few all-inclusives within a 5 min. radius of Playa Sosua. Most AI's offer scuba.

If you stay on a resort, make sure you get out and visit the local shops and restaurants. Sosua is a great place to stay for this reason as the AI's are close to everything. Next time you visit, hopefully you will opt for a smaller hotel and more local interaction. Either way, have a great time.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Deleted. If you cannot answer the question, don't post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Becky Lewis

Nov 24, 2003
Not!!!!!!
We thought we would go AI as we have never been to the DR and my husband is not to adventurous. When we explored the Yucitan we went AI first then branched out from there. He feels much safer when he knows a little about the area.:mad:

Boh

Jan 3, 2002
Becky Lewis,
I?ve done some snorkelling in Boca Chica and Sosua. Both places have resorts in the area.

Tor,
I think most people take an all-inclusive vacation because they want a stress free vacation, and it may or may mot be less expensive. There are also issues around food safety. One meal with high bacteria can very quickly spoil an entire vacation. The large all-inclusive resorts have more to loose if they have a case of food poisoning. I?m not saying there isn?t a good eating establishment outside of the resorts. It?s just that someone new to the area will not know where to find them.

"I guess the people that goes to the AI's just are interested in going round with their bracelets, eating and drinking as much as possible for as little money as possible".

I don?t know of many people who will deliberately shop with the intention of paying more for less merchandise. Do you?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
So I am told, the better snorkling is on the east and south east coasts.

The reefs at Boca Chica and Sosua are not that good.

I would say your best bet would be an AI in Bavaro/Punta Cana and take a snorkling tour.

It also depends on what your primary motivation is for coming to the DR? Great beach, great water, great resort or great snorkling?

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
I have heard many good things about the snorkeling in Bayahibe, near La Romana, particularly near Saona Island right off the coast. Not sure if you've seen this, but here's a link with a brief overview of many of the things to see underwater on the island.

http://dominicanrepinfo.com/ScubaDiving.htm

Becky Lewis

Nov 24, 2003
Thanks for the input

Thanks for all the good info. We love snorkeling so if we can find a resort were we can just snorkel off the beach all the better. Thats not to say that we would do only that, we love to explore the areas we visit so will most likely go on a few snorkeling trips as well. I have also read here that a person can hire a taxi driver for the day at a reasonable price and they will take you around to some of the interesting places to visit. We are not shoppers but love nature and to investigate the local culture.:cool:

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
resort in DR

Hi Becky,

In Dr you can do anything your heart desire, you can hire a driver, rent a private villa and hire a cook or just bum around on your own:cool:
The possibilities are unlimited.

I just booked someone at Breezes Puerto Plata for $65 per person per day , rates are the best and the Breezes Punta Cana is not that much more.
I would consider the Superclubls, if you inssint on all inclusive, the best value for your money and I have always had great reports from my clients on them.

If you need more help with it, send me an email and I would be glad to arrange it for you.

Sunny regards and happy travels!!

snorkeling and covert ad's

Best snorkel locations are in the south and east no doubt about it.

Covert ad's, yes the same as covert advertisements same thing,
if you want to advertise buy some space from Robert, don't hide them in your posts hoping people will email you so you can set them up.