Help...Need a Curry!

Sandeep

Jan 8, 2003
www.coralbayrealestate.com
We have been here for about 5 months now and are in desperate need of a good curry. However, due to the absence of a good Indian around...does anyone know where I can buy a electric coffee grinder around the Puerto Plata / Sosua area so I can make my own Garram Massala powder?

Have tried to buy one via ebay, however the sellers won't send to the DR or to a Miami PO box.

All assistance much appreciated.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Garam masala, yukkk. Why would you even make that. it screws up all the flavor. If you must make Garram masala then why not do it the ordinary way, like they do it in india. Take a stone grinder and grind the masala the old fashion way.
I see that you live in the north coast. Lets me see if I will cook a really good indian dish for you in the near future. Try to meet me tomorrow for the thanks giving dinner and we will make a plan. You will like my cooking, I hope.

Sandeep

Jan 8, 2003
www.coralbayrealestate.com
Good point AZB...

I do not need to do the hard work for the "old fasioned way". Not sure what the maid or gardener will think of spending the afternoon grinding.

hmmm....maybe I should re-phrase that.

Barry

Jun 28, 2003
JJ's in Sosua had Curry night on Saturday several months ago, if they do not still have curry night you can at least find out where they bought the spices to make it.

I think MDH makes pretty good spice mixes but I am not sure where to get them in the DR.

http://www.salwantrading.com/MDH Products.htm